Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

14 hours ago, robe said:

Hair actually did something good with allowing the top 2 teams to play BYU. Unfortunately starting so late even with a win over BYU,  And being Undefeated may not be enough to catch a one loss Cincinnati team.

Assuming SDSU and BSU beat BYU...

MWC will have the transitive win trophy over the AAC this year since Air Force demolished Navy and BYU demolished Navy and also beat up Houston. 

And let's be honest, Cincy's out of conference schedule is very "meh." Will be interesting to see the transitive comparison between Cincy vs Army (24-10 Cincy win) and the 
(Perhaps the SDSU > ) BSU > AFA ~(tbd) Army comparison

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Why abandon pedestrian when you have dominated two pedestrian squads ?

They showed some wrinkles off of play action in the second half. When teams are putting 7+ in the box and the safeties are cheating downhill, you throw the ball into the spots they just left.

It's nice to be able to run the ball well, but eventually we will face somebody that can slow our run game down; hopefully by then, we will have developed our passing game to the point where they have to pick their poison so to speak. 

Liked two things I saw from the passing game in the 2nd half. The first occurred on our first drive on the 3rd and 10 where we isolated our TE away from trips and let him use his big body on a smaller corner. The 2nd was the wheel route to Bell out of the backfield. Loved how we looked deep and then came off to Bell. Liked the fact that both plays came with the QB in the pocket. It forces the defense to defend from sideline to sideline. I'd like to see us further develop this drop back part of the attack. I am concerned that we don't have a wideout that makes a DB's arse pucker when he lines up against him. As an Aztec fan since the days of Coryell, it just seems odd that we don't have any scary good wideouts. Now, I love what I think they could do w our RBs and the passing game. Hopefully, that continues to develop as the season progresses.

Just now, Koji Vu said:

Assuming SDSU and BSU beat BYU...

MWC will have the transitive win trophy over the AAC this year since Air Force demolished Navy and BYU demolished Navy and also beat up Houston. 

And let's be honest, Cincy's out of conference schedule is very "meh." Will be interesting to see the transitive comparison between Cincy vs Army (24-10 Cincy win) and the 
(Perhaps the SDSU > ) BSU > AFA ~(tbd) Army comparison

Maybe so but Cincinnati is 6th or 7th already.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

37 minutes ago, robe said:

Maybe so but Cincinnati is 6th or 7th already.

Cincy is definitely "in" if they go undefeated, but the case needs to be made by the MWC that Boise/SDSU should deserve it if they also go undefeated. It'll help them start higher in the polls next year.

BUT, if Cincy ends up with one loss and either SDSU/BSU go undefeated, then every MWC fan should be showering the twitter accounts of every single college football hack with this info. 

On 11/1/2020 at 1:58 AM, son of a gun said:

The Nevada game I think most Wyoming fans (and probably players) want a do-over with. Losing Chambers almost right out of the gate had a clear impact on the rest of the team for a good part of the game (and play calling did nothing to help for a good while).

And we completely gave up 14 points, and didn’t have Cooks. I wouldn’t mind playing it again.,

kat.jpg

19 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Create excitement in a pandemic? SJSU has won two games, against teams with a combined record of 1-3. If the Spartans can find a way to defeat a very strong SDSU team, then the excitement may start to build. Otherwise, it’s a bit premature to say that SJSU has got something special going on.

I think that's going to be a fun game to watch.  I think SJ takes it.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 hour ago, robe said:

SJSU is the best team in the MWC 

I'm not sure about that.  It's still a little early, don't you think?  Let's see how they do with Nevada and Boise - two teams that have had our number for years and years. 

4 hours ago, SpartanDude said:

I'm not sure about that.  It's still a little early, don't you think?  Let's see how they do with Nevada and Boise - two teams that have had our number for years and years. 

Have you guys ever beaten us? Pretty sure no but maybe back in the D2 days?

I would definitely rate SJSU #1 right now. Pretty awesome to see how they’ve come together as a team.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I don’t think that we have, RS. So many close games and “moral” victories, especially in the WAC years.  But you guys always seem to pull out a win.  One year I think it was a 53 yd FG as time expired. 

18 hours ago, SpartanDude said:

I don’t think that we have, RS. So many close games and “moral” victories, especially in the WAC years.  But you guys always seem to pull out a win.  One year I think it was a 53 yd FG as time expired. 

It was a 37 yard fg. But hey, maybe in 5 more years it'll be a 69 yarder