Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

10 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

3. Carson St.- Bradys team seems nastier than Rocky's teams. We've seen the Aztecs come out of the gate hot the last four seasons only to see them fade late.

The Aztecs have had an absolutely awful quarter during each of their wins although playing great the other three quarters. The only explanation is lack of concentration. Teams which aspire to play in a NY6 bowl can't have those kinds of lapses and if they do that against a good SJSU team, they are probably going to get beat.

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The Aztecs have had an absolutely awful quarter during each of their wins although playing great the other three quarters. The only explanation is lack of concentration. Teams which aspire to play in a NY6 bowl can't have those kinds of lapses and if they do that against a good SJSU team, they are probably going to get beat.

Eh I don’t think that was the case last game. The issue was execution in red zone but they moved the ball well other than that and defense except for last second lapse was terrific. The third quarter against Unlv is a different story 

On 11/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Ibanez said:

As of now?

SDSU

Boise

Nevada

SJSU

Wyoming

Hawaii

Fresno

New Mexico

Air Force

Utah State

Colorado State

UNLV

Our offense is still too pedestrian, and not sure our D has faced a stout attack yet. Call me skeptical atm. 

42 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

SJSU doesn't appear to be all that talented, they just seem to play as a team and play really hard (at least vs. Air Force. I was watching Boise State when they played New Mexico). I'm not ready to call them good. Superior teams should be able to handle them as long as they don't make a bunch of mistakes.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

SJSU doesn't appear to be all that talented, they just seem to play as a team and play really hard (at least vs. Air Force. I was watching Boise State when they played New Mexico). I'm not ready to call them good. Superior teams should be able to handle them as long as they don't make a bunch of mistakes.

I saw one play, happened to be their QB throwing that beautiful ball deep down the middle for a TD; got my attention.

1. Aztecs 

2. Broncos

3. Pack

4. Wyo

5. Spartans

6. Warriors

7. Aggies

8. Rebels

9. AFA

10. Lobos

11.Fresburgians

12. Rams

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Or you could give credit to the other team :shrug:

3 hours ago, Spot50B said:

They may very well have the best receiver in the conference. They may not be the most talented team in the conference but they are far from having the least. I don’t believe they’re a team you can go to sleep on. 

How about those Spartans?  In position to take the west and make some noise in the conference.   Enjoy the ride!

I was at San Pedro square sat night though.  No spartan gear or white power signs flashed.  Y'all need to create some excitement!  

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

21 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Sagarin Ratings:

Top 25 FBS teams:

#6 BYU

#9 BSU

#25 SDSU

P5 Quality:

#39 Wyoming

#52 AFA

#57 Nevada

Average G5 teams:

#69 SJSU (nice!)

#82 USU

#88 Hawai’i

#97 Fresno

Top 25 FCS squads:

#112 UNLV

#121 New Mexico

#134 CSU

Hair actually did something good with allowing the top 2 teams to play BYU. Unfortunately starting so late even with a win over BYU,  And being Undefeated may not be enough to catch a one loss Cincinnati team.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

46 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

How about those Spartans?  In position to take the west and make some noise in the conference.   Enjoy the ride!

I was at San Pedro square sat night though.  No spartan gear or white power signs flashed.  Y'all need to create some excitement!  

Create excitement in a pandemic? SJSU has won two games, against teams with a combined record of 1-3. If the Spartans can find a way to defeat a very strong SDSU team, then the excitement may start to build. Otherwise, it’s a bit premature to say that SJSU has got something special going on.

Champ Logo.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike Morgan said:

Create excitement in a pandemic? SJSU has won two games, against teams with a combined record of 1-3. If the Spartans can find a way to defeat a very strong SDSU team, then the excitement may start to build. Otherwise, it’s a bit premature to say that SJSU has got something special going on.

So if the Spartans lost to those two opponents those two opponents would be 3-1. You’re correct there have not been enough games to get a good grasp as to just how good they are. But With the Spartan’s recent history there is cause to be excited with their start so far. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

You guys are dramatically improved compared to last year.  You should be excited.  As of right now I think you guys finish 5-3 which should be good enough for a bowl game (I have losses to SDSU, BSU & Nevada).  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Don’t get me wrong. I’m optimistic that the SJSU defense has finally come around. I think 5-3 is doable. But, for the general San Jose population to start to show excitement, it will take a lot more wins. Overall, the Spartans defense is better than last year. The offense is a bit behind, but does not appear to have fallen off by much, post Josh Love.

Champ Logo.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, LoboMan59 said:

Thanks to our new besties, the UNLV Rebels, UNM will be road warriors this year. Renting SBS from UNLV, and being able to finally have full contact practices will help immensely. Just hoping that UNM’s designated “home games” will be allowed to play at SBS.

Hey, we have the ‘Pit West’ there, why not ‘SBS West’! Go Las Vegas Lobos!

Damn, two new schools in the MW this year.

Carson State and the Southern Nevada Lobos. 

btw, Carson State is a "Bus League" school.

Prove me wrong.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Our offense is still too pedestrian, and not sure our D has faced a stout attack yet. Call me skeptical atm. 

Why abandon pedestrian when you have dominated two pedestrian squads ?

They showed some wrinkles off of play action in the second half. When teams are putting 7+ in the box and the safeties are cheating downhill, you throw the ball into the spots they just left.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Damn, two new schools in the MW this year.

Carson State and the Southern Nevada Lobos. 

btw, Carson State is a "Bus League" school.

Prove me wrong.

Like your avatar... Phuck. Off.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."