Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

Tier 1: Really good top 25 team

1. Boise State- Didn't have the best defensive start to the game but they adjusted and ended up dominated. Far and away the most complete team in the conference

Tier 2: Good team that hasn't been tested yet

2. San Diego State-Had some severe red zone issues in first half but ran away with game in 2nd half. Still some worries about the limited pass game. 

Tier 3: Teams not sure about yet

3. Nevada- Still worried about the defense but the offense is legit and carson strong can really sling it

4. Wyoming-Disappointing opening game defensively in particular but defense rebounded against Hawaii

5. San Jose State- I know they are 2-0 and seemingly have another good QB but think that defense will bite them in the end

6. AFA- 0-2 but played much better than last week against San Jose

Tier 4: Bad teams but not dregs

7. Hawaii-Get the nod over Fresno based on H2H result

8. Fresno

Tier 5: Yeah it's getting ugly

9. CSU

10. Utah State- That offense is a wreck, took a desperation last second hail mary in 1st half to not be shut out

Tier 6: Worst of the worst

11. UNM

12. UNLV

The Nevada game I think most Wyoming fans (and probably players) want a do-over with. Losing Chambers almost right out of the gate had a clear impact on the rest of the team for a good part of the game (and play calling did nothing to help for a good while).

32 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

The Nevada game I think most Wyoming fans (and probably players) want a do-over with. Losing Chambers almost right out of the gate had a clear impact on the rest of the team for a good part of the game (and play calling did nothing to help for a good while).

That was my observation and I share your disappointment. In spite of that, the Cowboys could have won that game.. 

7 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

1. Boise State- Didn't have the best defensive start to the game but they adjusted and ended up dominated. Far and away the most complete team in the conference

2. San Diego State-Had some severe red zone issues in first half but ran away with game in 2nd half. Still some worries about the limited pass game. 

3. Nevada- Still worried about the defense but the offense is legit and carson strong can really sling it

4. Wyoming-Disappointing opening game defensively in particular but defense rebounded against Hawaii

5. San Jose State- I know they are 2-0 and seemingly have another good QB but think that defense will bite them in the end

8. Fresno

9. CSU

10. Utah State- That offense is a wreck, took a desperation last second hail mary in 1st half to not be shut out

11. UNM

12. UNLV

I think we can drop AFA down a tier.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

8. Fresno

9. CSU

11. UNM

12. UNLV

New Mexico had a pulse and will improve over the season. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

38 minutes ago, robe said:

New Mexico had a pulse and will improve over the season. 

Agreed. I only caught snippets of their game, but it looked like UNM has potential, especially considering they didn't get to play last week and had their game moved to Hoser.

11 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

5. San Jose State- I know they are 2-0 and seemingly have another good QB but think that defense will bite them in the end ass

Tier 4: Bad Mediocre teams but not dregs

6. AFA- 0-2 but played much better than last week against San Jose (Boise always struggles against AFA)

8. Fresno

9. CSU  (bad team now coached by the third coming of Steve Fairchild and Mike Bobo)

Tier 6: Worst of the worst (although both have brought in good coaches so will improve)

11. UNM

12. UNLV

Just added a few comments to your well stated post.

The Champs
1. Boise State

The Challenger
2. SDSU

The Contenders
3. Nevada

4. SJSU

The Dark Horse
5. Wyoming

The Also Ran’s
6. Hawaii

7. Fresno State

The WTF Happened To You
8. Air Force

The Gimps
9. New Mexico

10. Utah State

11. Colorado State

The Cannon Is Blue
12. UNLV

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Over the season? Are they going to play any more games after next week?

Thanks to our new besties, the UNLV Rebels, UNM will be road warriors this year. Renting SBS from UNLV, and being able to finally have full contact practices will help immensely. Just hoping that UNM’s designated “home games” will be allowed to play at SBS.

Hey, we have the ‘Pit West’ there, why not ‘SBS West’! Go Las Vegas Lobos!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1. Boise -- Have yet to play a full, complete game.

2. SJSU -- Their AFA win looks a little better imho, and they easily won again!

3. Nevada -- Win over Wyoming looks better as well.

4. SDSU -- Could be #2, but we'll see.

5. Wyoming -- Great bounce back, would be a contender if they had a QB that could throw.

6. Hawaii -- Best of the worst.

7. Fresno -- Having practice and a real game shows.

8. AFA -- Decent bounce back showing against Boise.

9. Aggies -- I think they'll make a run to challenge for the middle of the pack.

10. Lobos -- I can't believe I'm ranking a team as bad as the Lobos as #10.

11. UNLV -- I can't believe their not last.

12. CSU -- Let's see if they can get better with practie.

1. Boise - Is Jack Sears the QB going forward ?

2. The WolfPack - Two solid wins.

3. Carson St.- Bradys team seems nastier than Rocky's teams. We've seen the Aztecs come out of the gate hot the last four seasons only to see them fade late.

4. Sparty. Who'da thunk it ? Especially after losing their qb. Hyuuuge test Friday night.

5. Wyoming - still the most inconsistent team in the MW on a game to game basis.

6. Tie. AFA/Hawaii. In need of qbs. Could still get to five wins

8. Fresno the W even against an FCS squad will help. The most inconsistent team from season to season. They just might play to their mean this year.

9. The UTags have been tagged by the two odds on favorites. Tough schedule to open the season.

10-12. Really ? How can you compare long term ineptitude ? If one of these teams beats the other two, they are still bottom feeders.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Sagarin Ratings:

Top 25 FBS teams:

#6 BYU

#9 BSU

#25 SDSU

P5 Quality:

#39 Wyoming

#52 AFA

#57 Nevada

Average G5 teams:

#69 SJSU (nice!)

#82 USU

#88 Hawai’i

#97 Fresno

Top 25 FCS squads:

#112 UNLV

#121 New Mexico

#134 CSU

Weber State would destroy them. Not even close.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, Koji Vu said:

Ranks: SDSU has both the Number 1 offense AND Number 1 defense in the Mountain West. (yes, it's early, and yes they haven't played a top tier team yet)

https://themw.com/stats.aspx?path=fball&year=2020  (Nice website, btw)

And that won't change until they play BYU (and yes, I know you probably meant conference teams).

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!