Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trumpers, This Should be Look in the Mirror Moment

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

How did that feel to write?

Like a punch in the nuts but I've written that half a dozen times in the past few months and my metaphorical nuts are accustomed to the beating.

Four more years of Trump would be four more years of phycological torture for the electorate.  As much as I like his foreign policy and Judicial appointments, I don't want to go through four more years.  He makes me queasy and uncomfortable and sets bad precedent.  He is authoritarian and disrespects his own people almost as much as he disrespects the office of the POTUS of the USA.  Biden will be a dud that gets little done and will be seen has a great improvement for that.  That's ok.  Time for the GOP to revamp, come to grips with some things and maybe the democrats will moderate under a as @thelawlorfaithfulwould say, house plant.

I don't want four more years of Trump.  We have our SCOTUS, time for the GOP to pay.

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah ironic isn’t it :rolleyes:

It shouldn't be.  I've condemned Trump as unfit for office since the 2016 general.   

Just because we use different words does not mean I am your enemy here.  You say "fascist"  I say "authoritarian"  I say "threat" you try and fail to attack me for not including "existential".

I am 100% sure my adjectives are more accurate than yours, and if we want to continue on that line of thought, I am fine.  I get bored easily, just refrain from insulting me, calling me Trumpian and other various insults and I will show similar respect.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Like a punch in the nuts but I've written that half a dozen times in the past few months and my metaphorical nuts are accustomed to the beating.

Four more years of Trump would be four more years of phycological torture for the electorate.  As much as I like his foreign policy and Judicial appointments, I don't want to go through four more years.  He makes me queasy and uncomfortable and sets bad precedent.  He is authoritarian and disrespects his own people almost as much as he disrespects the office of the POTUS of the USA.  Biden will be a dud that gets little done and will be seen has a great improvement for that.  That's ok.  Time for the GOP to revamp, come to grips with some things and maybe the democrats will moderate under a as @thelawlorfaithfulwould say, house plant.

I don't want four more years of Trump.  We have our SCOTUS, time for the GOP to pay.

Both sides are concerning.  I don't want Trump in due to his attitude of us vs them in domestic policy, a condemnation to the hilt for one side of assholes, and much less for others that only brings out the worst from both.  The want to shame and condemn protesters he doesn't like  and address police and judicial issues with kid gloves at a time where for a while, the entire nation was ready to talk about it.  But I am just as concerned with the four years of bickering both in D.C. and in our communities is going to lead to Democrats to stick it to the GOP, and the GOP pulling another "won't do anything" like they did with Barack.  The pendulum may be more of the Pit and the Pendulum than a swing back from a caustic White House.  

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It shouldn't be.  I've condemned Trump as unfit for office since the 2016 general.   

Just because we use different words does not mean I am your enemy here.  You say "fascist"  I say "authoritarian"  I say "threat" you try and fail to attack me for not including "existential".

I am 100% sure my adjectives are more accurate than yours, and if we want to continue on that line of thought, I am fine.  I get bored easily, just refrain from insulting me, calling me Trumpian and other various insults and I will show similar respect.

Dude I respect your intellect so saying it’s ironic is far from an insult.   Btw I say is neo fascist with real potential to become.   Not sure how you are 100% sure of the future.   

You and many of your libertarian peers have argued vociferously against Biden (which is different than saying you support Trump).  Your arguments can be persuasive.  So to what extent do you suppose they have been repeated to others?  To what extent do you suppose those votes could be the difference in key swing states?   If a Biden blow-out is needed to prevent violence, to what extent did your arguments lead to exactly that?   

No, I’m not being insulting.  If anything I’m being complimentary.  We shall see to what extent the libertarian vote either prevents a blow-out or worse results in another 4 years of a President of the minority.

29 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Both sides are concerning.  I don't want Trump in due to his attitude of us vs them in domestic policy, a condemnation to the hilt for one side of assholes, and much less for others that only brings out the worst from both.  The want to shame and condemn protesters he doesn't like  and address police and judicial issues with kid gloves at a time where for a while, the entire nation was ready to talk about it.  But I am just as concerned with the four years of bickering both in D.C. and in our communities is going to lead to Democrats to stick it to the GOP, and the GOP pulling another "won't do anything" like they did with Barack.  The pendulum may be more of the Pit and the Pendulum than a swing back from a caustic White House.  

We have a long way to go to repair this country.  Getting rid of Trump is an important first step.   Implementing many of his rhetoric/policies to put American workers first will be an important second step.   The fact Dems have completely lost the working class should be a huge wake up call to the Democratic Party.  

42 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I've been wondering if the last six years of Obama's term, and the four years of this term for Trump (especially the first two years) is going to lead to the Democrats dunking all over the GOP if they win the Presidency and the Senate while holding the House. That is to say, simply eliminating the legislative filibuster, and passing whatever the +++++ they want for at least two years, in some sort of pent up aggression move. One would think that they'd try to be a little more intelligent about it, lest their reign only last two years, but it could be interesting to watch unfold. Biden would still be able to maintain a modicum of control via the veto, since there wouldn't be enough votes in either chamber to override it. 

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I've been wondering if the last six years of Obama's term, and the four years of this term for Trump (especially the first two years) is going to lead to the Democrats dunking all over the GOP if they win the Presidency and the Senate while holding the House. That is to say, simply eliminating the legislative filibuster, and passing whatever the +++++ they want for at least two years, in some sort of pent up aggression move. One would think that they'd try to be a little more intelligent about it, lest their reign only last two years, but it could be interesting to watch unfold. Biden would still be able to maintain a modicum of control via the veto, since there wouldn't be enough votes in either chamber to override it. 

Yep Biden is known to be bi-partisan.  Let’s hope he can lead the country together.  I think eliminating the filibuster is a threat he can use to his advantage.   

24 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude I respect your intellect so saying it’s ironic is far from an insult.   Btw I say is neo fascist with real potential to become.   Not sure how you are 100% sure of the future.   

You and many of your libertarian peers have argued vociferously against Biden (which is different than saying you support Trump).  Your arguments can be persuasive.  So to what extent do you suppose they have been repeated to others?  To what extent do you suppose those votes could be the difference in key swing states?   If a Biden blow-out is needed to prevent violence, to what extent did your arguments lead to exactly that?   

No, I’m not being insulting.  If anything I’m being complimentary.  We shall see to what extent the libertarian vote either prevents a blow-out or worse results in another 4 years of a President of the minority.

Well, that is good to hear,  I prioritize the people I respond to based on the arguments and their quality being made and clearly I spend a great amount of time responding to and debating you.  Spending sometimes hours a day on these dialogues with you is the highest compliment I can give.  If I thought your arguments were not worth trying to pick apart, or you were an idiot, you would not be getting notifications of responses from me all day.

However you do have a habit of posing multiple concepts in one post and tying them together.  It is not being dismissive of you when I only respond to the two or three most relevant points and ignore the least relevant.  It is not that those later mentioned points are not worth discourse, it is just they are seemingly tangential to the topic at hand and discussing them would result in the thread of conversation being further and further from the topic.

I will make you deal.  You refrain from your targeted attacks on me and I will make more of an effort to address all your points and also refrain from any attacks on you.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, that is good to hear,  I prioritize the people I respond to based on the arguments and their quality being made and clearly I spend a great amount of time responding to and debating you.  Spending sometimes hours a day on these dialogues with you is the highest compliment I can give.  If I thought your arguments were not worth trying to pick apart, or you were an idiot, you would not be getting notifications of responses from me all day.

However you do have a habit of posing multiple concepts in one post and tying them together.  It is not being dismissive of you when I only respond to the two or three most relevant points and ignore the least relevant.  It is not that those later mentioned points are not worth discourse, it is just they are seemingly tangential to the topic at hand and discussing them would result in the thread of conversation being further and further from the topic.

I will make you deal.  You refrain from your targeted attacks on me and I will make more of an effort to address all your points and also refrain from any attacks on you.

Fair enough.  Don’t take my challenges of you as an attack.  Like you I don’t bother to respond to those I don’t respect but will go hammer and tongs with those who can prove me wrong.   

I think we all need to work on refraining from attacks.  Me first.   If this country is going to make it through the next 6 months it’s needs to start here first.  That doesn’t mean giving up your policy points Trumpers.  Many of which I support.   What it does mean is stopping the rhetoric the other side will destroy America.   

Alamo City Trump Train is one of the Facebook Groups where the Trump-supporting, pickup-truck convoy was organized. Inside the private group on Oct. 30, a member posted “#OperationBlockTheBus RN,” with “RN” meaning “right now,” as it was the same afternoon as the incident.

This post referring to blocking the campaign bus of Democratic candidate Joe Biden and his running mate, Kamala Harris, was endorsed with 142 reactions, including likes, laughing emojis, or love hearts. “I LOVE IT!!!!,” said one commenter. “This is awesome,” said another. Other comments included: “Great job!,” “GOOD!,” “Love it,” “This is +++++ing hilarious,” and “Awesome.”

In our study of the private group, we noted that it is littered with activity tied to the dangerous conspiracy theory known as QAnon. This goes against Facebook’s policies. On Oct. 6, Facebook announced:
Mentions of QAnon abound inside the Alamo City Trump Train Facebook Group. For example, in one post a message purportedly from “Q” was posted as a screenshot, and a group member replied: “WWG1WGA,” referring to the QAnon slogan Where We Go One We Go All. Both the comment and reply were liked and loved by members. One person even reacted with the new “care” reaction.

“WWG1WGA” is mentioned in several posts. One post referenced the NFL with the hashtag “#WWG1WGA.” Another post showed multiple members introducing at least four other group members to QAnon, including the phrase “WWG1WGA,” as well as the concept of QAnon, all on Facebook’s platform in a private group just days from Election Day.

QAnon signage and flags were also a common sight at Alamo City Trump Train events, including in the group’s YouTube videos.

One group member made a new post on Oct. 31, questioning other news outlets that said the Trump supporters were “armed.” A group member responded: “Yep we are armed and dangerous,” including an American flag emoji with the comment. Another remarked: “It’s Texas. Everyone is carrying!” In the same post, a commenter noted: “Cause it’s Texas and we don’t +++++ around, we are always armed!!!” Other comments also included members who talked of being armed. One member said: “We are,” referring to being armed, and someone responded, “me too,” while a third person said: “Exactly we are.”

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/11/02/operation-block-the-bus/

+++++ing QAnon idiots.