Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trumpers, This Should be Look in the Mirror Moment

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

It's the chase what thrills me

Also, we have lost our minds.  This is scary shit.

• Among Americans who identify as Democrat or Republican, 1 in 3 now believe that violence could be justified to advance their parties’ political goals—a substantial increase over the last three years.

• In September, 44 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of Democrats said there would be at least “a little” justification for violence if the other party’s nominee wins the election. Those figures are both up from June, when 35 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats expressed the same sentiment.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/01/political-violence-424157

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

• Among Americans who identify as Democrat or Republican, 1 in 3 now believe that violence could be justified to advance their parties’ political goals—a substantial increase over the last three years.

• In September, 44 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of Democrats said there would be at least “a little” justification for violence if the other party’s nominee wins the election. Those figures are both up from June, when 35 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats expressed the same sentiment.

What is scary is when the nut jobs do start shooting at each other most will rush to the defense of their team.  

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

daffy duck no GIF by Looney Tunes

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What is scary is when the nut jobs do start shooting at each other most will rush to the defense of their team.  

We will see what happens.  Hoping for the best, not expecting the best.  I think it more likely than not there will be some violent unrest.

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Criminy 

I don't know what to make of that. Good reminder to check oneself

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We will see what happens.  Hoping for the best, not expecting the best.  I think it more likely than not there will be some violent unrest.

I’m hoping we don’t have a popular vote of over 5% for Biden and a close electoral vote for Trump. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We need a Biden blowout.  Anything else will result in some really stupid shit.

Maybe I think if people see a reasonable result either way cooler heads will prevail.  But if the popular vote is strongly anti-Trump and he pulls out a narrow electoral college win things could blow up. 

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Maybe I think if people see a reasonable result either way cooler heads will prevail.  But if the popular vote is strongly anti-Trump and he pulls out a narrow electoral college win things could blow up. 

That is one scenario things blow up, for sure.

However I think if he wins and the EC is not that close, things still blow up.  I think if he loses and the EC is close, things blow up.  We need him to lose by a large margin in the EC.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is one scenario things blow up, for sure.

However I think if he wins and the EC is not that close, things still blow up.  I think if he loses and the EC is close, things blow up.  We need him to lose by a large margin in the EC.

I think if he wins the popular vote and the electoral college then people will accept it.  I think if Biden wins both people on the right may bitch on the edges but will mostly accept it.   But cops putting it down won’t further inflame the right.

a perceived illegitimate election will be a powder keg.

32 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I think if he wins the popular vote and the electoral college then people will accept it.  I think if Biden wins both people on the right may bitch on the edges but will mostly accept it.   But cops putting it down won’t further inflame the right.

a perceived illegitimate election will be a powder keg.

He has no chance at the popular, and even if he did win it, there would be wide spread rioting.  But he won't.  

I don't think if Biden wins we will see wide protests but we will if Trump wins, no matter how.  If Biden wins by anything other than a blow out, I think we will see small groups or lone wolfs acting out in violence, but they won't be having thousands on the streets.

Here's to hoping for a large Biden win.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He has no chance at the popular, and even if he did win it, there would be wide spread rioting.  But he won't.  

I don't think if Biden wins we will see wide protests but we will if Trump wins, no matter how.  If Biden wins by anything other than a blow out, I think we will see small groups or lone wolfs acting out in violence, but they won't be having thousands on the streets.

Here's to hoping for a large Biden win.

How did that feel to write?