Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

BYU vs BSU

Boise fans...who is the starting QB tonight? Also, is Holani playing tonight? Need information before I do my fanduel line-ups.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Mahalo bradda

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

42 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Maybe it's the same as the "Word on the street" that said Zach Wilson was 100% committed to Boise State the week before signing day a few years ago.

You still whining about that?

Nothing is set in stone until the signature is on the paper.

History has shown I have my finger on the pulse of Bronco football.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Boise looks really thin at QB, RB, and DE.

At QB, I'd assume Hank is out (many think it was a Covid test).  Cord is also injured, so depth behind Hank/Jack  would be true freshman late scholarship offer (and returned missionary) Cade Fennegan. Behind him is walk-on tFR Andy Peters. You could also put TE Riley Smith on here somewhere as well - he has been a backup QB for 2 years at BSU before changing positions halfway through last season.

AT RB, if Holani is out - Andrew Van Buren is the only scholarship RB left.  Smith and Tyler are injured.  That leaves local r-FR walk-on Tyler Crowe (Skyview HS in Nampa) and local t-FR walk-on Obi Gee (Cole Christian).   Obi hasn't dressed so far this year.  If Holani is truly out, I think we will see plays with WR Khalil Shakir lined up at RB - plus a larger wildcat package with Shakir/AVB.  AVB is a good power back, but hasn't shown the lateral quickness to break big runs.  He also has struggled at times with ball security and pass protection, so this position looks really scary.

DE - Likely best defensive player Demitri Washington is out for the season.  Juco transfer Shane Irwin will get the start here.  But no clue on what BSU will do for depth.  It seems like Kelemete has been injured (I don't believe he's seen the field even on special teams.). So after Irwin maybe a DT slides over?  Or coaches go with a STUD (like Washington was listed as?).  Bagnah would be the most likely candidate.

Returned Missionaries to Watch for BSU:

Riley Whimpey (6'-1", 233, MLB) has 169 career tackles and 5 sacks.

Jonah Dalmas (Kicker) 13-13 on PAT's - has yet to attempt a field goal. :popcorn:

Cade Fennegan (6'-2", 180, QB) scored a TD* last week and could see action as a true dual-threat QB

Scale Igiehon (Boise's best interior D-Lineman) is also questionable. Sprained ankle vs. USU, then left game early vs. AFA.  I think depth is less of an issue on the interior though with Freeborn/Matlock/Cravens/Obichere all seeing significant time on the field already.