Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

BYU vs BSU

14 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

As bad as some you corksoakers piss me off I hope you guys beat old men from YBU

Aww, thanks pal. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Utenations is probably under heavy sedations right now. ESPN kept talking about BYU’s playoffs chances. Poor guy is probably finally questioning his own sanity. He lives in a Utah bubble were everyone is missing front teeth and wearing red. He would probably be shocked to know most women have teeth.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, robe said:

Utenations is probably under heavy sedations right now. ESPN kept talking about BYU’s playoffs chances. Poor guy is probably finally questioning his own sanity. He lives in a Utah bubble were everyone is missing front teeth and wearing red. He would probably be shocked to know most women have teeth.

Simmer down. You guys ain't making the CFP. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

49 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Simmer down. You guys ain't making the CFP. 

I said from the beginning I don’t think BYU goes undefeated. I’m just pointing out the National media hype. I don’t know of one BYU fan who thinks BYU will get in the playoffs. Maybe Utenations now?

I expect to see a loss on Friday night.

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

There is zero reason for BYU to lose this game. They have every advantage with spring practice, more games played, they are 26 year old men.

BYU should win this game by 10-12. Hopefully they spend the whole week soaking and come into the game tired.

I think BYU is going to lose.

This is the biggest game for BYU since we went independent, and BYU hasn't shown up for big games over the years.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is the biggest game for BYU since we went independent, and BYU hasn't shown up for big games over the years.

The defense has been very good but has shown some lapses. I expect BSU to exploit the defense. It will probably be a shoot out.

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Like he said though, BYU has every advantage going into this game. Cougars should win by double digits... unfortunately @#1Stunnerwill own the rights to @BroncoOrangefor another year.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Like he said though, BYU has every advantage going into this game. Cougars should win by double digits... unfortunately @#1Stunnerwill own the rights to @BroncoOrangefor another year.

Unexpected issue for BYU.

The NCAA has a rule mandating no practice on election day (Tuesday).

This means BYU will only have Monday and Wednesday to practice.   Assuming they'll travel to Boise on Thursday.  2 days preparation will be a challenge.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Maji said:

Should be a BYU win. They're in mid-season form and BSU is dealing with multiple injuries. There also won't be a home field advantage for BSU due to COVID. We'll see though

^^^ Making excuses.

BYU is also dealing with multiple injuries.  

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm afraid you are right.   Our coaches frequently expose themselves as amateurs.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

^^^ Making excuses.

BYU is also dealing with multiple injuries.  

Sure, but BYU is also in mid-season form. The BSU season was pushed back & they haven't had the level of practice or in-game competition BYU has.

37 minutes ago, robe said:

The defense has been very good but has shown some lapses. I expect BSU to exploit the defense. It will probably be a shoot out.

This isn't a good defense.

They changed things up in the 4th quarter against Houston, but that's about the only time I've seen what I would consider "good" defense this year.

The offense has just had BYU so far ahead that they can sit in base and not try to pressure. They will need to pressure this week against Boise.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

30 minutes ago, Maji said:

Sure, but BYU is also in mid-season form. The BSU season was pushed back & they haven't had the level of practice or in-game competition BYU has.

Yeah, you can't really run your base D against AFA and USU's offense is a hail mary at halftime away from from getting broomed 38-0 by SDSU. I am not sure the USU QB challenged Boise all that much.

Here's what we know. BYU has killed sub par teams. Boise killed USU, a sub par team, and I'm not quite sure what AFA is this year with what they've lost.

My guess is BYU will be favored by something like 3.5-4.5 and the Boise fans will bet it down so that it's close to even at kickoff.

Boise also can't practice on Tuesday, like BYU.

Guest #1Stunner
41 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Again, how many games and practices have you had compared to the Broncos? 

Boise fans are acting like this is going to be the first game of the season.  You already have 2 games under your belt.

Sure, BYU has played more.  But the fact BYU only gets 2 practice days is a big deal.