Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

When we will get election results for each state

Great article here laying it all out. The only major swing state we will probably 100% know who won on election night is Florida

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-results-timing/

We will have an idea of how things are going though: whether it is a close race and possible Trump win or a Biden blowout. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

So we know for a fact that PA is gonna take a while to count the votes...... Partially because the PA GOP fought in court to stop them from beginning to process the ballots before election morning (not counting them just removing them from their 2 envelooes/sleeves).

Then we have a president that claims that we have to call a winner on Nov 3rd and it's against to law to count it for days after. Sounds like someone doesn't want peoples votes to count. 

I don't want to hear Trump supporters on here talking about stopping the count in PA if it's close because it isn't unexpected. We know it's is going to take a long time there due to many factors. 

17 minutes ago, tspoke said:

So we know for a fact that PA is gonna take a while to count the votes...... Partially because the PA GOP fought in court to stop them from beginning to process the ballots before election morning (not counting them just removing them from their 2 envelooes/sleeves).

Then we have a president that claims that we have to call a winner on Nov 3rd and it's against to law to count it for days after. Sounds like someone doesn't want peoples votes to count. 

I don't want to hear Trump supporters on here talking about stopping the count in PA if it's close because it isn't unexpected. We know it's is going to take a long time there due to many factors. 

Stopping the count somehow contrary to state laws would be blatant theft. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

34 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I know they will call Idaho for Trump at 9:01 MDT 

And California will be called for Biden an hour later. A lot of the states that will actually decide the election will likely take longer though. 

Here's a really good look at when the polls close around the country.

rjFFZVo.png

We're going to learn a lot between 730-9pm ET. Florida and North Carolina are already counting ballots, and should have all of the early voting counts and a large chunk of mail ins to report fairly soon after their polls close. 

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Great article here laying it all out. The only major swing state we will probably 100% know who won on election night is Florida

We will have an idea of how things are going though: whether it is a close race and possible Trump win or a Biden blowout. 

We should also have a really good picture of NC by then as well. We still have ~450k absentee ballots outstanding, but a number of people — like my wife — requested one and then elected to go vote in person instead. 

Here in California my vote doesn't really matter for the Presidential race, but the local races are the important ones. Kevin McCarthy might be getting a run for his money this time around. Kern County is still very much red, but supporters within the district are starting to get fed up with him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

We should also have a really good picture of NC by then as well. We still have ~450k absentee ballots outstanding, but a number of people — like my wife — requested one and then elected to go vote in person instead. 

Did they ask that you surrender the absentee ballot before she voted on person ? Curious? 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Did they ask that you surrender the absentee ballot before she voted on person ? Curious? 

No, but ballots get tracked by bar code that are tied to an individual voter. So if she were to have cast two ballots, only one would count, and then she'd be facing voter fraud charges. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

No, but ballots get tracked by bar code that are tied to an individual voter. So if she were to have cast two ballots, only one would count, and then she'd be facing voter fraud charges. 

What would happen if she threw the absentee ballot away, someone took it out of the trash and used it to vote. Or, she said she put it in the trash, but gave it to some else to vote? 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

What would happen if she threw the absentee ballot away, someone took it out of the trash and used it to vote. Or, she said she put it in the trash, but gave it to some else to vote? 

See my post legitimately right above yours.

54 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

We probably won’t know the winner on Tuesday, but we will have a pretty good picture of who will probably win, and which campaign will be clinging to fading hopes. 

Yeah, the networks do a pretty good job knowing which counties vote Democrat and which vote Republican and can make relatively accurate projections as the county votes come in. 

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just a FYI for people worried about election fraud; my wife’s ballot was rejected because her signature didn’t match. So, they do actually check. At least in California. 

In Pennsylvania it doesn’t have to match to count. Their Supreme Court recently made a ruling to that effect. 

10 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

All hinges on FL - trump can't win without FL , then it goes to GA, NC, PA