Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Borat. Really, really classy.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sacha Baron Cohen is kind of a piece of shit.

I used to love Da Ali G show back in the day, and did get some good belly laughs from the Borat movie years ago. It's really hard to believe in this day and age people still fall for his schtick though. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I mean 3600 for a few days of work isn't bad

He takes advantage of fools and the desperate to peddle edited garbage.

Edited: Original post was unintentionally divisive.  

Wait...is he a POS for pretending to treat women that way or for tricking the women they paid $3600? I honestly don't get it. I mean the movie isn't funny and his humor expired awhile ago but I'm not sure why he's hated here...

Having not seen the movie, but having read the article, I'm honestly not getting what the problem is.  Cant be the money - they actually paid her more than Screen Actors Guild scale (335 per day).  Did they embarrass her?  The article doesnt portray it that way, heck, sounds like she comes off looking good.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

He just gave her $100k too. So I don't get the handwringing. 

Frankly if someone is dumb enough to be tricked by him in this day and age, they have it coming. 

Sacha Baron Cohen is a comedic genius. 

Now, Baron Cohen has added to the fundraising momentum. At Jones’s request, the $100,000 from Baron Cohen will not go to Jones but will be spread out to her Oklahoma City community on her behalf by the local Ebenezer Baptist Church. The funds have been earmarked for shelter, food and any other needs the community has.

The GoFundMe for Jones herself has reached more than $132,000 in donations.

Pastor Derrick Scobey said none of the Baron Cohen money will be going to the church itself.

“I was blown away but not surprised because I was told about what type of heart this man has,” Scobey told People of Cohen’s donation. “Maybe it’s a little risqué, some of the things in the movie, but he has a good heart.”

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

He just gave her $100k too. So I don't get the handwringing. 

Frankly if someone is dumb enough to be tricked by him in this day and age, they have it coming. 

Sacha Baron Cohen is a comedic genius. 

Yeah she got a gofund me for many thousands of dollars and SBC just gave her 100k to spend in her community. On top of it it looks like she isn't mad. She clarified that she felt misguided but said she should have read the contract closer and was relieved it wasn't real as she was praying for the girl(It is bad leaving her hanging where she would worry about this girl for months) and she comes off looking great in the film(Unlike the RV bros in the first film that sued I believe)

Seems like this is a whole bunch of nothing. Really a good sweet story for the most part.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Now, Baron Cohen has added to the fundraising momentum. At Jones’s request, the $100,000 from Baron Cohen will not go to Jones but will be spread out to her Oklahoma City community on her behalf by the local Ebenezer Baptist Church. The funds have been earmarked for shelter, food and any other needs the community has.

The GoFundMe for Jones herself has reached more than $132,000 in donations.

Pastor Derrick Scobey said none of the Baron Cohen money will be going to the church itself.

“I was blown away but not surprised because I was told about what type of heart this man has,” Scobey told People of Cohen’s donation. “Maybe it’s a little risqué, some of the things in the movie, but he has a good heart.”

Beat me to it and did it better.

1 hour ago, Los_Aztecas said:

He takes advantage of fools and the desperate to peddle edited garbage.

Edited: Original post was unintentionally divisive.  

At least he pays them to peddle edited garbage unlike James O’keef and project veritas. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The Borat scenes where they're messing with innocents, even if they're painted in a good light, are a big turn-off.

why?

9 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

It can be fun to see terrible people get their comeuppance, but I find this brand of comedy really tough to watch, even when people like Rudy Giuliani are getting embarrassed. Just doesn't do it for me.

Borat isn’t that funny after 5 minutes of watching his schtick. This “movie” has shelf-life cause good ole Rudy decides to get his rocks off in front of some random chick he just met and the Trump lovers can’t wrap there head around the fact that he’s an idiot. This should have been yesterday’s news a few days ago.