Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CSU at Fresno State Game Thread

30 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Thank goodness! I am incredibly relieved the board rumors of your passing from auto-erotic asphyxiation in your mom's basement were unfounded.

The Lakers and the Dodgers are world champions in the same month. I nearly died from ejaculating too much. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I thought Wooldridge looked good in limited action last night in addition to Haener playing a great game. 

Wheatfall is a helluva receiver too. Dude made circus catch after circus catch it seemed like. 

Did you happen to see Wyo transfer Jevon Bigelow last night? 

2 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Yep. We found the one team in FBS rustier than we were. 

And I am not trying to down play Fresno for the purpose of downplaying Fresno.  CSU was literally the last team in the country to have full contact, full team practices and even their unit specific practices were impacted because of the fires.  Who knows, by the end of the year both teams could be playing really well.  All we can take away from last night is that Fresno has speed and talent at WR and a nice RB, and CSU has a really good TE.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They didn't.  They had not even live scrimmaged.  

Fresno had 1 scrimmage and it was incredibly controlled - tough to even call it a scrimmage

28 days. CSU would have had to miss out on 50% of team activity days to get on Fresno’s level 

Just now, WACkyGuy said:

Fresno had 1 scrimmage and it was incredibly controlled - tough to even call it a scrimmage

28 days. CSU would have had to miss out on 50% of team activity days to get on Fresno’s level 

Fresno had an entire game and full contact practice, even if one scrimmage.  CSU did not.  The extra 28 days of off and on again isolated position drills was lol worthy, if not so sad.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fresno had an entire game and full contact practice, even if one scrimmage.  CSU did not.  The extra 28 days of off and on again isolated position drills was lol worthy, if not so sad.

Lol ok man. Fresno guys got to campus exactly 1 month prior to last nights game. CSU was about 2 months. Nutrition plans, workouts, etc are all things CSU had a big jump on. Fresno had 1 more “scrimmage” and 1 game (which gave CSU film to study, a positive for CSU) 

Not to mention Fresno had practices impacted by COVID and fires also - just didn’t get leaked 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And I am not trying to down play Fresno for the purpose of downplaying Fresno.  CSU was literally the last team in the country to have full contact, full team practices and even their unit specific practices were impacted because of the fires.  Who knows, by the end of the year both teams could be playing really well.  All we can take away from last night is that Fresno has speed and talent at WR and a nice RB, and CSU has a really good TE.

josh kelly is going to be the best WR out of a 2019 class that included jamal glaspie and jalen cropper....thank you jalen mcmillan for drawing all the attention away from him and mac dalena at san joaquin memorial.  zero competition for either of them.

24 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

josh kelly is going to be the best WR out of a 2019 class that included jamal glaspie and jalen cropper....thank you jalen mcmillan for drawing all the attention away from him and mac dalena at san joaquin memorial.  zero competition for either of them.

100%. And look for Mac to get a lot of reps soon 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:48 AM, Bronco7454 said:

4. Fresno State, on the other hand, appears to have a solid team on offense and defense.  The fact that they lost last weekend to Hawaii is - apparently - a testament to how good Hawaii is this season and not a slight against Fresno State.

So much for THAT theory.   Hawaii looked like a High School team last night vs. Wyoming.  And I mean that both literally and figuratively.   The Wyoming offensive linemen looked like GIANTS compared to Hawaii's defensive linemen.

So let's see if I have this straight:

1. Nevada beat Wyoming in overtime (at Nevada) last weekend (37-34)

2. Hawaii beat Fresno State last weekend (at Fresno) by 15 points (34-19)

3. Fresno State beat Colorado State last Thursday (at Fresno) 38-17 (and it wasn't THAT close)

4. Hawaii lost - embarrassingly - to Wyoming last night (at Wyoming) 31-7 (and it also wasn't that close).

How does make Nevada and Fresno State and Wyoming appear to be at this point?

27 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

So much for THAT theory.   Hawaii looked like a High School team last night vs. Wyoming.  And I mean that both literally and figuratively.   The Wyoming offensive linemen looked like GIANTS compared to Hawaii's defensive linemen.

So let's see if I have this straight:

1. Nevada beat Wyoming in overtime (at Nevada) last weekend (37-34)

2. Hawaii beat Fresno State last weekend (at Fresno) by 15 points (34-19)

3. Fresno State beat Colorado State last Thursday (at Fresno) 38-17 (and it wasn't THAT close)

4. Hawaii lost - embarrassingly - to Wyoming last night (at Wyoming) 31-7 (and it also wasn't that close).

How does make Nevada and Fresno State appear to be at this point?

Hawaii was on the road for two weeks. That’s a huge deal for any team. Lots of new coaches. Players missing games for various reasons. This season is just going to be unpredictable.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Hawaii was on the road for two weeks. That’s a huge deal for any team. Lots of new coaches. Players missing games for various reasons. This season is just going to be unpredictable.

And UH doesn’t seem to like playing in the cold...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg