Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CSU at Fresno State Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

McBride was being defended by a guy that looked like a midget on that TD

McBride should have taken the Florida State opportunity.  Tonight made Steve Fairchild look like a genius.

8 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Josh Allen just called Teddy Centeio an inaccurate passer.

His line did him no favors. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

28 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Couldn’t put the ball in the Pacific if he was standing on the end of the Santa Monica Pier.

You are correct, however I'm from the SoBay.  ¿Can you change the SaMo Pier to my hometown Redondo Bch Pier pls???

I watched the Colorado State vs Fresno State game (first 3 quarters last night and the 4th quarter this morning).  There are several things that became crystal clear (to me at least).

1. The new CSU head football coach is simply not very bright (and that's being kind).  The man can't even figure out how to wear a mask on his face for gawd's sake.  For the entire first half he was wearing his mask BELOW his mouth - begging the question "Exactly what do you think that is accomplishing?"   Apparently someone spoke to him about that at half-time as he was wearing (another) mask on his face in the 2nd half.  But the point is someone HAD TO speak to him about it - he couldn't figure it out on his own.

2. Colorado State's football team simply isn't very good this season.  On offense or on defense.   But watching them play last night appears to be a sure cure for insomnia.  I know they put me to sleep last night.

3. The genius CSU head coach started the wrong QB.  He SHOULD have started O'Brien.   And he didn't put O'Brien in the game until it was basically over.

4. Fresno State, on the other hand, appears to have a solid team on offense and defense.  The fact that they lost last weekend to Hawaii is - apparently - a testament to how good Hawaii is this season and not a slight against Fresno State.

See above as pretty much what I saw as well.

Interesting point, was it 2 or 3 players transferred over from BC with the coach? That tells me something about the system they bought into previously (sure as hell didn't see much of a "System" at all last night from the Sheep).

Mug pointed out previously he thought this (Sheep) team was worse than UNLV- strongly don't agree, Lower Nevada is pretty ugly, Sheep have speed and talent and a HC whom seems to be the issue (first game yet as illustrated by Bronco 7454 some real basic misses in coaching).

Dogs look ok san OMG Line.

Sheep.png

10 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

McBride was being defended by a guy that looked like a midget on that TD

I think anyone on the field, standing next to McBride, would look like a midget.   That dude was a man among boys on that field.  If season offensive MVPs ever went to tight ends, I could see McBride getting it.  

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I fell asleep at halftime. What happened to the big, tall, slow, white with a good arm CSU QB? Dead from covid?

Shitty coaching happened.

PO’BtheQBfromOC isn’t fast, but he’s not slow either.

I thought Wooldridge looked good in limited action last night in addition to Haener playing a great game. 

Wheatfall is a helluva receiver too. Dude made circus catch after circus catch it seemed like. 

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I just know CSU had not had a scrimmage heading into last week and were going to use the UNM cancelation to get the first one in.

Fresno was the last team in the nation to have players on campus but had a good month afterwards to scrimmage and practice.  CSU had their players on campus earlier than Fresno but got a lot less in.

CSU started 28 days before Fresno...I think it’s safe to say CSU got more work in 

15 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I hate when coaches attempt onside kicks down 21 points.

It almost worked for CSU in Boise that one year when they were down 28 with less than 5 minutes to go. All of a sudden, they were a 3rd onside kick recovery away from tying it