Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CSU at Fresno State Game Thread

It was either a TD or PI. Clearly not a TD, so...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Just now, Headbutt said:

Made the right call on review, no question.  No PI call, well we got lucky.  That was bad.

I think the ref was dialed in on seeing whether it was a catch. If he had dropped it, I think a flag would have been likely. It happens. I'm not pissed. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

He was pushed out of bounds while the ball was in the air. Should have been DPI and a new set of downs.

Doesn't matter. The rule says you have to re-establish yourself in bounds first. Making contact that sends a guy out of bounds is not a PI in and of itself. Pretend you are watching some random team for a second. It was a judgement call that didn't go your way, not a miscarriage of justice.

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

Doesn't matter. The rule says you have to re-establish yourself in bounds first. Making contact that sends a guy out of bounds is not a PI in and of itself. Pretend you are watching some random team for a second. It was a judgement call that didn't go your way, not a miscarriage of justice.

You've gotta be trolling at this point. You can't impede a receiver's path to the ball when it's in the air. He pushed him out of bounds while preventing him from getting a path to the ball while not looking back at all. It was textbook DPI.

I'm not arguing that he didn't re-establish himself inbounds. I'm saying it was DPI. Period. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

2 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

This

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You've gotta be trolling at this point. You can't impede a receiver's path to the ball when it's in the air. He pushed him out of bounds while preventing him from getting a path to the ball while not looking back at all. It was textbook DPI.

I'm not arguing that he didn't re-establish himself inbounds. I'm saying it was DPI. Period. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

That was not a PI in my opinion, in the opinion of the officials, in the opinion of the commentators and in the opinion of most objective observers. Homers see it differently, however.