Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Opening lines and current point spreads for this week's MWC football games

THURSDAY

10-29-2020 - Colorado State AT Fresno State - 8 p.m. MT/7 p.m. PT - Opening line Fresno State - 2 pts - Current line Fresno State -1.5 pts

FRIDAY

10-30-2020 - Hawaii AT Wyoming - 7:45 p.m. MT - Opening line Hawaii -1 point - Current line Hawaii -1.5 pts

SATURDAY

10-31-2020 - Boise State AT Air Force - 4:00 p.m. MT - Opening line Boise State - 8 pts - Current line Boise State -14 pts

10-31-2020 - New Mexico AT San Jose State - 5:00 p.m. MT/4:00 p.m. PT - Opening line San Jose State -8 pts - Current line San Jose State -13.5 pts

10-31-2020 - San Diego State AT Utah State - 7:30 p.m. MT - Opening line San Diego State -7 pts - Current line San Diego State -7.5 pts

10-31-2020 - Nevada AT U.N.L.V. - 8:30 p.m. MT/7:30 p.m. PT - Opening line Nevada - 8 pts - Current line Nevada -14 pts

49 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Won’t know that till the games are played. Public definitely thinks so though.  

To have three different games move 6 points... that's nuts. I'm guessing there is a lot of people how've hedged and grabbed both. There is a very real chance that many people might win both bets

Unless they (Utah State) rebound in a HUGE way- we cover 7.5 easily...

Watched their game vs Boise-(whom looked outstanding) they have a very solid RB #20-Oline not so much and QB gets Happy Feet, otherwise lots of mistakes on D and their DL is going to get handled on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Unless they (Utah State) rebound in a HUGE way- we cover 7.5 easily...

Watched their game vs Boise-(whom looked outstanding) they have a very solid RB #20-Oline not so much and QB gets Happy Feet, otherwise lots of mistakes on D and their DL is going to get handled on Saturday.

Yeah, I do think SDSU covers. It's an intriguing game for Boise fans. Obviously, USU showing a pulse against SDSU would be a positive sign for Boise. A blowout would just make the baggies look like they are fighting for the title worst team in the league 

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

To have three different games move 6 points... that's nuts. I'm guessing there is a lot of people how've hedged and grabbed both. There is a very real chance that many people might win both bets

All 3 games do  look like blowouts.  AFA and UNLV looked hapless and UNM hasn't had a lot of practice time?

2 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

All 3 games do  look like blowouts.  AFA and UNLV looked hapless and UNM hasn't had a lot of practice time?

Air Force had two 1st team All MW OL and a 1,000 yard RB out do to covid protocols that may be back for the Boise game 

Thing I love about college- Coaches make a HUGE difference. UNM will be fine- next two years they will be solid and a threat.

Scouts- WTF?

5 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Thing I love about college- Coaches make a HUGE difference. UNM will be fine- next two years they will be solid and a threat.

Scouts- WTF?

Yeah, I think they are going to be a tough defensive team that will give a lot of teams fits. I don' t know that they'll be upper tier, but a tough team to play

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I think they are going to be a tough defensive team that will give a lot of teams fits. I don' t know that they'll be upper tier, but a tough team to play

Their HC was our D-Coord under Rocky then went to ASU and ran their D (400% improvement).

They both can recruit-time will tell.

10 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Their HC was our D-Coord under Rocky then went to ASU and ran their D (400% improvement).

They both can recruit-time will tell.

Getting Rocky as the DC all but guarantees that they will have a strong defense. I think it's different recruiting to SDSU and ASU. New Mexico has always had difficulty getting high level recruits. I think they're gunna have to do it the Craig Bohl and Utah State way. Top notch player evaluation and player development. I can't see them all of a sudden finishing at/near the top of the recruiting rankings  

JC route typically brings 50/50 results quickly....

And your correct about ABQ (Sorry Lobo fan) best part of playing there is the 1 mile drive to and from the airport.

Breaking news about Colorado State's projected starting QB for tonight's game:

https://mwwire.com/2020/10/29/colorado-state-reportedly-starting-temple-transfer-todd-centeio-at-quarterback/

I will be watching tonight's game to see what this new transfer QB looks like - since he will apparently be starting instead of CSU's starting QB last season (Patrick O'Brien).

49 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Breaking news about Colorado State's projected starting QB for tonight's game:

https://mwwire.com/2020/10/29/colorado-state-reportedly-starting-temple-transfer-todd-centeio-at-quarterback/

I will be watching tonight's game to see what this new transfer QB looks like - since he will apparently be starting instead of CSU's starting QB last season (Patrick O'Brien).

Interesting. He is a running threat and was very efficient in limited snaps last year. The offense should be wildly different than recent Ram teams. I like CSU in this game. I wonder if watching the Hawaii QB run all over that Fresno defense had any influence in that decision. 

35 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Interesting. He is a running threat and was very efficient in limited snaps last year. The offense should be wildly different than recent Ram teams. I like CSU in this game. I wonder if watching the Hawaii QB run all over that Fresno defense had any influence in that decision. 

It may be why but it also sounds like O’Brien missed a decent amount of practices due to injury/Covid protocol stuff