Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: Election Prediction 6 days out

2020 Election  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What are the results of the election?

• Biden Blowout
    • Biden Narrow Victory
    • Trump Narrow Victory
    • Trump Blowout
    • 269-269 Tie

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

I really hope the election doesn’t come down to a Supreme Court decision.  If it does people will believe Trump simply bought the election with justices and I think you’ll begin to see more states simply just ignore the Feds. It could even lead to legit secession talk from states such as California (and don’t give me that crap of we would be better off without California because we wouldn’t be). If that doesn’t happen then you’ll see significant momentum to amend the constitution to repeal the electoral college.  The situation you outlined would mean Trump probably lost the popular vote by 6-7 million people.  I can’t see many seeing him as legitimate under those circumstances.  

The Dem politicians and partisan activists that are trying to aggressively move the party and the country far left. So these people will be kicking and screaming until they get their way. Sure there are people on the right that are terrible at losing, but the far left folks are willing to go to extreme measures to get what they want. And when you only make up about 18% of the population (far lefters, not Dems), that’s very dangerous. 

Pelosi is the poster-child spokesperson for this group, and trying to do extreme things like pack the court (despite their hero RBG being very much against it), getting statehood for Guam, and every other territory, purely just for political advantage not being concerned if it would be bad for the country, ditching the electoral college, and eventually allowing illegals to vote.......these are the kinds of things that will resort to a true civil war mentality, and not just by the nutty crowd. These far left activists going about getting what they want by bypassing the normal way to do it are a threat to peace in this country.

There’s already enough resentment and anger by the silent majority for the left judges that have been legislating from the bench because the left could never pass legislation to get everything they wanted because it was too extreme. 

I have absolutely no concern for the far left making noise about losing a fair election. They declared Bush as an illegitimate president both of his terms, so this is nothing new. There aren’t very many of these people. 

California would turn into a 3rd world country if all ties were broken. We would keep some of our military there on bases just like we do in foreign countries. But they’ll need their own military or pay big time bucks for the US to protect them, but they couldn’t afford to do it. No more Federal money to save them from their horrible decisions. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Do you work for the post office?  Serious question not trying to be a dick. 

Yes. I’m in maintenance we pulled out machines that are no longer needed. The news media made a way too big of a deal over this. I can’t answer for things on the coast. I know there is extreme mismanagement on both coast. We don’t have cost of living adjustments so the post office job isn’t the same paying job on the coast like it is in Kansas. The pay is barely over minimum wage in those places.

They are always begging for mangers to go into those places. I could have went into Philadelphia as high level manager. 

Anyway to my point mail processing is probably a complete cluster on the coasts. Because of poor management, unions and the inability to attract quality employees because of low pay.

Relatively easy to get a 110k or more job if you have ambition and are willing to move around. 100k plus can go a long way in the Midwest. All without a college degree.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

I had a job for a year that just dealt with one specific part of the APWU contract. My job was for 40hrs a week was to reduce the grievances from that issue. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

4 hours ago, aztech said:

There's no way the Supreme Court will overturn the will of the people.  Voting is sacred and it would be a huge stain on the court if they did.  It would be historical and John Roberts has to also consider his legacy.  

I do agree, but just as a matter of clarification, John Roberts is no longer the court’s swing vote.

1 hour ago, robe said:

Yes. I’m in maintenance we pulled out machines that are no longer needed. The news media made a way too big of a deal over this. I can’t answer for things on the coast. I know there is extreme mismanagement on both coast. We don’t have cost of living adjustments so the post office job isn’t the same paying job on the coast like it is in Kansas. The pay is barely over minimum wage in those places.

They are always begging for mangers to go into those places. I could have went into Philadelphia as high level manager. 

Anyway to my point mail processing is probably a complete cluster on the coasts. Because of poor management, unions and the inability to attract quality employees because of low pay.

Relatively easy to get a 110k or more job if you have ambition and are willing to move around. 100k plus can go a long way in the Midwest. All without a college degree.

Robe removing mail sorting machines. Talk about a call to duty...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I do agree, but just as a matter of clarification, John Roberts is no longer the court’s swing vote.

Doesn't the Chief Justice have sway over hearing cases that come to the court?

Whomever wins, it’s not going to be pretty either way. If Trump wins the riots will go on for weeks if not months. If Biden wins he won’t be able to control the extreme left and the ideological divide will get even worse. America is a tinderbox just waiting to explode. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, aztech said:

Doesn't the Chief Justice have sway over hearing cases that come to the court?

It takes a couple of Justices to vote to hear a case (I think the number is three, but I could be wrong). The big power the Chief Justice has is that whatever side he takes on a case, majority or dissent, he picks who gets to write the opinion. Not that the opinions matter all that much in these potential voting cases, but an FYI.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I voted Biden blowout, but I was trying to think which President’s won re-election when an election year had gone so poorly for the country. If I’m missing a year let me know, but I came up with FDR in 36 and 40, Lincoln in 1864, and Madison in 1812. Now I don’t think Madison was all that good of a President but he was an institution in politics for the previous 30 years. Whatever criticisms you might have of Lincoln or FDR, it’s safe to say Trump is not those guys.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Whomever wins, it’s not going to be pretty either way. If Trump wins the riots will go on for weeks if not months. If Biden wins he won’t be able to control the extreme left and the ideological divide will get even worse. America is a tinderbox just waiting to explode. 

I think it depends on how divergent the popular vote and electoral vote will be.   If Trump loses the popular vote by 5% or more and yet wins the electoral college I can see massive protests and more.....  that I think is the worst case scenario.

I think controlling the extreme left won’t be a problem.  The moderate wing of the Dem Party is growing because Republicans have shifted so extreme.   I know our Dem candidate opposes raising Corporate taxes and is pro gun.   Most here consider me a Dem and I would vote against any Bill that raised the Corporate Tax rate.   The fact is the Republican shit to the extreme right neo-fascist has resulted in a Dem Party that in Europe would be 2 or 3 different parties.  

Well Biden sure as heck is in favor of raising the income tax on the one-percenters and the 99% of us who don't fall into that category need to stop buying the lies the super rich and their cronies in Congress tell about how much taxing those people more will allegedly ruin the economy while doing next to nothing to drive down the national debt. The will ruin the economy claim is total hogwash and as far as the national debt, only a multitude of things done in the course of many pieces of legislation will make a difference on that and taxing the obscenely rich more needs to be one of them.

Another prediction: this weekend or Monday Trump will announce a Covid Vaccine is ready. If Moderna/pFizer/Johnson&Johnson don’t back him up than he’ll say they are lying and on Joe Biden’s side. Then post-election he’ll go back to his anti-vaxxer ways.