Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Philadelphia Looting / Riots. Could this impact the Election in Pennsylvania?

40 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This is unfortunately becoming the normal state of affairs and isn’t going to change anyone’s mind. Those going out to vote in the riot zone may rethink their plans. 

Philly is a predominantly black city. I doubt it. 

In Wisconsin it moved votes toward Biden. Maybe it will do the same in Philadelphia. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nobody that was planning on voting for Biden is going to flip to Trump because of this.. 

The question is not if people will change their vote...it's whether people in certain areas will not vote at all... Basically, will they stay inside to avoid the riots.

1 week left in this election.

Once Biden wins the this will stop quickly. The police and national guard will start taking out kneecaps. You won’t see a damn thing in the media about it either. Cops shooting blacks will skyrocket. You won’t see that either in the news. Pollution and people shitting in public will skyrocket as well. The war on sex trafficking will end. We will put 9 to 10 year old Chinese slaves back to work so we can have cheap sit around our house again. No one will care about ending slavery and pollution and killing innocent black men and full term babies. But at the end of the day things will probably be better. You won’t have the media trying to agitate everything and everyone.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Bring on California politics. I already

11 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nobody that was planning on voting for Biden is going to flip to Trump because of this.. 

I’m sure but an independent voter might.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

12 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The owners, workers and management of those stores might beg to differ. 

38 minutes ago, robe said:

Once Biden wins the this will stop quickly. The police and national guard will start taking out kneecaps. You won’t see a damn thing in the media about it either. Cops shooting blacks will skyrocket. You won’t see that either in the news. Pollution and people shitting in public will skyrocket as well. The war on sex trafficking will end. We will put 9 to 10 year old Chinese slaves back to work so we can have cheap sit around our house again. No one will care about ending slavery and pollution and killing innocent black men and full term babies. But at the end of the day things will probably be better. You won’t have the media trying to agitate everything and everyone.

I regret that I have but one emoji to give to your post.

34 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't think folks are blaming the officer on this board.  

No. I’ve said over and over that police are in a horrible situation. But the notion that we can’t think differently about how we police is flat wrong. And maybe this guy would have been shot and killed anyway? But the days of just attributing loss of life by police shootings to the “reality of policing” in our country is over.