Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Poll: Best Halloween Candy

Best Halloween Candy  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Best Halloween Candy

• Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    • Snickers
    • Skittles
    • M&Ms
    • Peanut M&Ms
    • Starburst
    • Kit Kat
    • Twix
    • Butterfinger
    • Almond Joy
    • Hershey's
    • Candy Corn
    • Jolly Ranchers
    • Nerds
    • Smarties
    • 3 Musketeers
    • 100 Grand
    • Mounds
    • Crunch
    • Baby Ruth

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Yep.  I can remember doing this at our school Halloween parties when in grade school.  Pretty sure they'd never allow it these days even without COVID-19.  Kind of a goofy and disgusting thing to do when you think about it.

Must have been damn cold bobbing for apples at Halloween in Wyoming. It was usually pretty cold in Milwaukee as well.

110926run_defense710.jpg

9 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Must have been damn cold bobbing for apples at Halloween in Wyoming. It was usually pretty cold in Milwaukee as well.

I grew up in rural South Dakota.  Anyway, why would you bob for apples outdoors?  Must be hardcore in Milwaukee :P

5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I grew up in rural South Dakota.  Anyway, why would you bob for apples outdoors?  Must be hardcore in Milwaukee :P

Youth groups would have a Halloween party with a haunted trail out in the country. Not only would there be plenty of candy, there be plenty of home baked cakes,  cookies, carmel apples, etc. enjoyed around a campfire.

110926run_defense710.jpg

15 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Youth groups would have a Halloween party with a haunted trail out in the country. Not only would there be plenty of candy, there be plenty of home baked cakes,  cookies, carmel apples, etc. enjoyed around a campfire.

Cool.  The 4-H clubs from around the county where I grew up would get togther to host something similar to what you describe at Halloween.  There were always games, sweets, a corn maze and a horse drawn hay ride.  It was a blast!

The only problem was about 1 out of every 3 years there was snow and/or it was so cold that you had to wear your winter clothes over the top of your costume.

3 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Cool.  The 4-H clubs from around the county where I grew up would get togther to host something similar to what you describe at Halloween.  There were always games, sweets, a corn maze and a horse drawn hay ride.  It was a blast!

The only problem was about 1 out of every 3 years there was snow and/or it was so cold that you had to wear your winter clothes over the top of your costume.

One of my favorites was home baked German Chocolate Cake served outdoors in cold weather.  The frosting / toppings became chewy.  I haven't had cake that good in nearly 50 years. I don't know who's mom brought it, but damn, it set a cake standard that I never forget.

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 hours ago, RogueStout said:

The ones from 30 years ago maybe. They are shit now, like most other candies of that type.

tenor.gif?itemid=4134185

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

They dont bob for apples in Milwaukee.

They bob for bratwurst.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.