Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

BYU or Cincinnatti?

4 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

So most of us have seen these two undefeateds play...do one of these teams have the potential to represent the non-P5's in the CFP?  Who'd win head-to-head at a neutral site? 

Discuss...

no, because you have to be a conference champion and what conference does BYU play in? BYU cannot play in the Access Bowl.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

56 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

no, because you have to be a conference champion and what conference does BYU play in? BYU cannot play in the Access Bowl.

Not accurate, at all.  You need to be a conference champ to get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl from a G5 conference.  There is no conference championship requirement for at large bids to either the NY6 or CFBP

10 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

So most of us have seen these two undefeateds play...do one of these teams have the potential to represent the non-P5's in the CFP?  Who'd win head-to-head at a neutral site? 

Discuss...

BSU.

New-Signature.jpg

7 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

the OP said "to represent the non-P5's in the CFP"

the team representing the non-P5's in the CFP plays in the Access Bowl as I understand it.

The 'Access Bowl' and the CFP are separate things.  There are NO restrictions to being in the CFP other than being in the Top 4 of the rankings.  Theoretically, both BYU AND Cincinnati could 'represent the non-P5' in the CFP.  The Access Bowl is merely a set aside slot in NY6 for the top ranked G5 conference champ, which BYU is not eligible for.  But they (BYU) could also 'represent the non-P5' in the NY6 as an at-large choice.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

please elaborate...in what way am I wrong.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not accurate, at all.  You need to be a conference champ to get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl from a G5 conference.  There is no conference championship requirement for at large bids to either the NY6 or CFBP

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

He didn’t put the Access Bowl, he put the CFP.

Word on the street is Boise has some serious problems with the Rona right now. 

LSU did this accidentally, but I guess most of their team got infected in camp. Now they all have antibodies. As a medical professional, would herd immunity be a bad thing to try for a football team? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

LSU did this accidentally, but I guess most of their team got infected in camp. Now they all have antibodies. As a medical professional, would herd immunity be a bad thing to try for a football team? 

It's hard to say, immunity is showing to wane around 6 months according to recent studies, but for the purpose of having a season it would probably be beneficial to have everyone get it. Problem is, it's pretty low risk for athletes this age, but you never know who is going to have a hard time with it. What if someone died from this strategy or ended up with lifelong problems? I think it's reckless to pursue that course.

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

BYU September Super Soaker parties get the team herd immunity?

Super soaker, eh? Fun.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

19 minutes ago, MWCfq said:

Where are you hearing this from? Is the Boise/AFA game in danger of being cancelled?

I heard on a pay board that they have 6 cases, and contact tracing may be a problem, but as of now there's no word on anything. Contact tracing can take a couple weeks, so it could affect the BYU game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg