Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Carson Strong Ceiling

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Did he play in the Hawaii game last year? If he did, he sucks.

7-14 ...46 yards...1 int 

yet he was the one that I thought sucked.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

7-14 ...46 yards...1 int 

yet he was the one that I thought sucked.

That was an embarrassing game.

We going to do our traditional minihelmet bet this year?  Straight up, no points. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 10/27/2020 at 2:28 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Because of the covid rule, counting this season, he has 4 seasons to play. So the question becomes how good can he get? I think much better, but he’s going to have to bulk up and gain 25 to 30lbs of muscle if he wants much of an NFL career. 6’-4” at 205 lbs is a great WR body, but not a QB. Amazing, as thin as he is, his arm strength is very good. 

So how high do you think his ceiling is? 

He looked decent against the Pokes for sure.  Now the weight issue...if Kingpotatos mom would get off him and leave him alone it’d certainly be easier for him to put weight on!

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

I agree with this. Fajardo’s development essentially ended when Polian took over. 

Yeah, Fajardo had the misfortune of following Kaep but he was an incredible QB. It would've been fun to watch him in Ault's offense for two more years. He's made a great career for himself in the CFL, and I saw on NSN that he recently bought a house in Reno.

13 hours ago, Warbow said:

Did he play in the Hawaii game last year? If he did, he sucks.

It’s hard for a young kid to do well if his OL sucks like it was the first half of last year. That OL would let anyone get by them that showed up. That’s a great skill set for a bouncer at a night club front door checking ID and letting people get by. But it’s terrible for an Offensive Lineman. 

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah, Fajardo had the misfortune of following Kaep but he was an incredible QB. It would've been fun to watch him in Ault's offense for two more years. He's made a great career for himself in the CFL, and I saw on NSN that he recently bought a house in Reno.

He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for doing what he did under Polian with no OL support at all. Our running game usually sucked badly because of the OL, so our opponents pinned their ears back and pass rushed a shitty OL almost every down. He was always running for his life out of the pocket finding receivers open down the field or taking off running. And such a great kid, great attitude. 

kat.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s hard for a young kid to do well if his OL sucks like it was the first half of last year. That OL would let anyone get by them that showed up. That’s a great skill set for a bouncer at a club front door checking ID and letting people get by. But it’s terrible for an Offensive Lineman. 

I could’ve gotten by that OL. They’re were absolutely terrible. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 hours ago, mugtang said:

That was an embarrassing game.

We going to do our traditional minihelmet bet this year?  Straight up, no points. 

Not sure about straight up yet. We’ll see what the line is first. Minihelmet of choice.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, NevadaFan said:

Fajardo is better than Strong. He was f’ed by a coaching change, as was Neill.

That's certainly a valid opinion but Fajarado's arm talent left much to be desired.  He was never able to throw the deep ball.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

19 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

That's certainly a valid opinion but Fajarado's arm talent left much to be desired.  He was never able to throw the deep ball.

Well. I’m not going to throw Strong under the bus to make an argument about Fajardo.