Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Carson Strong Ceiling

Because of the covid rule, counting this season, he has 4 seasons to play. So the question becomes how good can he get? I think much better, but he’s going to have to bulk up and gain 25 to 30lbs of muscle if he wants much of an NFL career. 6’-4” at 205 lbs is a great WR body, but not a QB. Amazing, as thin as he is, his arm strength is very good. 

So how high do you think his ceiling is? 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Hard to tell in one single game against Wyoming. He looks like a good one but need to see more before I’d guess what his ceiling is.

This, he looked pretty stellar in our opener against Purdue last year too. Hopefully the rest of this season goes much better.

44 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He's 15th in the country in passing efficiency after playing one game against a team that lost almost every player and coach on the defensive side of the ball... let's not go full Josh Allen over that

What are you talking about?  He’s the next coming of whatever the conferences last great quarterback.  Just wait, he’s going to light up that vaunted UNLV defense next week. /s/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

He's 15th in the country in passing efficiency after playing one game against a team that lost almost every player and coach on the defensive side of the ball... let's not go full Josh Allen over that

Easy tiger. No one is saying he’s great yet. His last 4 games last year were pretty good and the 4 games to start the season after Purdue were bad, but we’re on his 5th game In a row now where he’s done we’ll. So this isn’t about just one good game as some have stated. His last four games of last year were 8 TD, 1 INT.

I haven’t had a lot of faith in him, and have had the opinion that we needed a franchise type of QB like a Kap or Fajardo going forward. But to be fair, especially starting last year, our OL was complete shit, and experienced QB’s would’ve had problems with that lack of support. So it ain’t too fair to expect a frosh to make much out of that. 

I’ve been really critical about both Polian and now Norvell for not scoring at least one big QB prospect. As thin as Strong is, he doesn’t look like he’ll have the durability long term, but who knows. 

kat.jpg

His ceiling will be UNLV.

The Rebs seem to have their number.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

16 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The discussion is on his ceiling, not the team’s ceiling you dork. 

Have you regressed to 14 years old like your dear leader ?

He will hit his ceiling against UNLV.

Think about it.

Dipshit, dumbass, mofo

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

In all seriousness I think he has a very high ceiling.  He could be a second round draft pick if he continues to develop.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

If he was a tad bit more mobile he would be a first 3 round NFL prospect but as it stands he's good enough to become a first team MW talent and could develop into an NFL prospect.  I think he has the physical arm talent to be better than anyone to wear a Nevada uniform since David Neil in 2000.  Kap had a stronger arm but almost no touch.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

20 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

If he was a tad bit more mobile he would be a first 3 round NFL prospect but as it stands he's good enough to become a first team MW talent and could develop into an NFL prospect.  I think he has the physical arm talent to be better than anyone to wear a Nevada uniform since David Neil in 2000.  Kap had a stronger arm but almost no touch.

Fajardo is better than Strong. He was f’ed by a coaching change, as was Neill.

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Have you regressed to 14 years old like your dear leader ?

He will hit his ceiling against UNLV.

Think about it.

Dipshit, dumbass, mofo

And there lies the reason why I rarely read or respond to your 0 calorie cliche crybaby drivel with your melodramatic whiney wannabe cool trollmanship. It’s boring, and I don’t have time for boring. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Tough to tell. When I watch college football, many QBs have the physical size and throw the ball well, but there is a whole lot more than that to being an NFL QB. Ryan Leaf is a prime example. 

The complete miss on Leaf was the Chargers missing his mental immaturity. He found a comfort zone at WSU, but he didn’t have the maturity and composure to be put in an entirely different environment with more discipline that he was used to and adapt quickly with a lot on the line. It’s great to see him as a color guy calling games. I think he does a great job. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Fajardo is better than Strong. He was f’ed by a coaching change, as was Neill.

I agree with this. Fajardo’s development essentially ended when Polian took over. 

Did he play in the Hawaii game last year? If he did, he sucks.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.