Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Amateur, er Incompetent MW replay officials. WTF ?

I've heard lots of complaints about them, but overturning SDSU Jesse Matthews TD catch makes the Big Sky look competent compared to the WAC,   Mountain Worst. The ball never touched the ground. The on field officials rule a catch and even the broadcasters said it was clearly a catch. My 8 & 9 year old grandkids can clearly see it was a catch.

I know that overturned call was not the difference in the game, but, what if it was ?

Anybody else concur or have other evidence of their D3 capabilities ?

The phucking MW officiating and replay crews are a joke.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

We got blatantly hosed (6 points removed that shouldn't) yet so did Wyo & Nevada as did San Joser.

First game for the refs- still better than the old WAC refs and still better than the Pac 12 (see true worst) refs.

The curse of Chad Bunn lives on...

I think some of the decisions are so close and difficult to tell on video, that the reviewers side with the officials call. I cite two on Saturday I disagreed with:

1) Boise State-USU. On a punt the returner appeared to touch the ball as it slightly changed direction as it hit his hand. The reviewer didn’t see it that way and went with the field officials call as not a fumble. It cost Boise State a TD as they recovered the ball in the end zone. 

2) PennState-Indiana. On the last play of the game the officials ruled the QB diving for the corner of the end zone was a touchdown, but on the video it showed the back of the ball hit the ground out of bounds an instant before the front of the ball hit the pylon. That call was the difference between winning and losing. I’m sure Penn State fans were livid. 

Both calls were extremely close and the reviewer sided with the field official both times. It does show how close some of these calls are on the field of play and how it’s sometimes difficult to make the right call by the field officials. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I think some of the decisions are so close and difficult to tell on video, that the reviewers side with the officials call. I cite two on Saturday I disagreed with:

1) Boise State-USU. On a punt the returner appeared to touch the ball as it slightly changed direction as it hit his hand. The reviewer didn’t see it that way and went with the field officials call as not a fumble. It cost Boise State a TD as they recovered the ball in the end zone. 

2) PennState-Indiana. On the last play of the game the officials ruled the QB diving for the corner of the end zone was a touchdown, but on the video it showed the back of the ball hit the ground out of bounds an instant before the front of the ball hit the pylon. That call was the difference between winning and losing. I’m sure Penn State fans were livid. 

Both calls were extremely close and the reviewer sided with the field official both times. It does show how close some of these calls are on the field of play and how it’s sometimes difficult to make the right call by the field officials. 

He so clearly touched it. The trajectory of the ball definitely changed, the velcro strap on his glove even came undone, and his reaction immediately let everyone know that he knew he touched it. It was so obvious even his mom knew right away. 

Screenshot_20201027-075601_Samsung Internet.jpg

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He so clearly touched it. The trajectory of the ball definitely changed, the velcro strap on his glove even came undone, and his reaction immediately let everyone know that he knew he touched it. It was so obvious even his mom knew right away. 

Screenshot_20201027-075601_Samsung Internet.jpg

His moms comment was priceless. 

3 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

We got blatantly hosed (6 points removed that shouldn't) yet so did Wyo & Nevada as did San Joser.

First game for the refs- still better than the old WAC refs and still better than the Pac 12 (see true worst) refs.

How did San Jose get hosed?  AFA scored two touchdowns that were not called.  The Refs told Calhoun they were being reviewed - and they never were.  Then on SJSU's scoring drive, their receiver trapped a ball on the ground to keep the drive going - no review.  Lastly, AFA scores a two point conversion that was reversed despite the only camera angle being from the back of the endzone and you couldn't see the ball.  SMH.  We deserved the loss regardless, but man, it was amateur hour

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Doesn't matter if it hit the ground before it hit the pylon if it crossed the plane of the goal line before it hits the pylon or hits out of bounds. It appeared to just cross it before hitting out of bounds. It was close.

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It looks like it unstrapped his left glove. 

The Indiana one - I'm not sure I've ever seen a game with so close a call to end it.  I could still go either way.

This thread confirms my fears.

MW leadership and officiating are incompetent.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It looks like it unstrapped his left glove. 

The Indiana one - I'm not sure I've ever seen a game with so close a call to end it.  I could still go either way.

Without question his glove strap comes undone when the ball hits it. It was shocking when they didn't overturn that

290px-Diogenes_looking_for_a_man_-_attri

Diogenes...looking for a college football fan with something good to say about their conference's referees....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Still looking for video, but a pass was called incomplete on the field during the Wyo/Nev game. Contested catch right at the goal line. There was some doubt as to whether it was an interception for Wyo or a TD for Nevada, as both players had possession near the goal line. Wyoming's CB clearly came away with the ball, though, leading most to believe it was an interception (there was also pretty clear PI that didn't get called). The ball never hit the ground, which we all saw from multiple angles. The call after review? Incomplete. The only clearly wrong call.

EDIT:

Found it (Thanks 7220 Sports!)

HearnINT

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

9 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Question... don’t the Pac12 and the MWC share the same pool of officials? Don’t they just rotate from game to game, regardless of conference?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Question... don’t the Pac12 and the MWC share the same pool of officials? Don’t they just rotate from game to game, regardless of conference?

I know they do in basketball, not sure about football. I assume each league has its own officials because in OOC play the opposing league usually furnishes the officials for road games. 

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

One of my buddies is a Pac-12 ref and he doesn't do any MW games. So I assume that's true of all of them