Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

Nevada vs UNLV game/smack thread

I guess one of the few positives to come out out of Covid is that we'll get to be the first team to beat you in your new stadium.

I'm thinking we win something like 49-14. Arroyo seems to be a great coach on paper, and honestly this is probably a good year for him to takeover with a shortened season. But it looks like it will be a long-term rebuild like usual.

1 hour ago, bigd said:

I guess one of the few positives to come out out of Covid is that we'll get to be the first team to beat you in your new stadium.

I'm thinking we win something like 49-14. Arroyo seems to be a great coach on paper, and honestly this is probably a good year for him to takeover with a shortened season. But it looks like it will be a long-term rebuild like usual.

F**k unlv and their rented stadium. 

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Let's not count our chickens before they're hatched.  I'd argue the inferior team has won the last 3 meetings.  In 2017, I'd say we were the inferior team and won.  UNLV won in 2018 & 2019 despite our team being the better team, on paper at least.  It wouldn't shock me to see this as a one score game. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

giphy.gif

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I think the lack of response to this post is pretty obvious that most Rebel fans are not very confident in a Rebel victory this weekend, myself included. It was pretty evident this past weekend that CMA is not exactly sure what he’s working with and with the limited number of practices, new system, new players and starters either being out on COVID protocol or opting out this season, this could be a very long and frustrating season for Rebel fans. I would have liked to have seen this game played at or near the end of the season, but still not sure if the results would be any different. Hoping for a competitive and safe game from both sides and Go Rebels!

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

Let's not count our chickens before they're hatched.  I'd argue the inferior team has won the last 3 meetings.  In 2017, I'd say we were the inferior team and won.  UNLV won in 2018 & 2019 despite our team being the better team, on paper at least.  It wouldn't shock me to see this as a one score game. 

We don't exactly have a steller record with our second game. No wins since 2014. 

14 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

We don't exactly have a steller record with our second game. No wins since 2014. 

Shit....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

This is a loaded stat though. Typically Nevada plays a cupcake in week one and then travels to a major opponent week 2 for a payday. While it’s true the last 2nd week win was 2014 @ Mackay against Wazzu, in subsequent years Nevada played at Arizona, at Notre Dame, Toledo (Nevada was 3-8 in Norvell’s first season and Nevada is their bitch because of Wasien Tait) at Vandy, and at Oregon. So...

Playing on the road is hard. It will be interesting to see how Nevada responds. I thought Nevada was better on the road last year than it was at home FWIW. 

am looking forward to Saturdays game.

The last 2 cannon games were big embarrassments for the Pack football program.

2 years ago the Pack just  stopped playing after having an early  23 point lead.

last year they got behind by sleepwalking thru the 1st half, fought back,  but  then  had the silly "brawl" after giving up the OT game winning pass.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

34 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

because its always been an "OOC body-bagger".

No doubt. It's rivalry week. Trying to get the demoralized Reb fans in the spirit. It's no fun beating up on the hopeless. On the other hand, they are already crowing about mythical recruiting championships.

20 hours ago, bigd said:

The way he’s recruiting and being a good coach, it won’t be long at all. They’ll probably be in the hunt for a division title next year. 

But it’s still UNLV, so they’ll probably get all 5,000 of their fans pumped up and then break their little hearts again. And hurting for cash, only in Vegas would they come up with the idea of raising some dough by having their AD mud wrestle Dre’s mom in a pay per view event. You just can’t teach class. 

kat.jpg