Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

San Jose State @ New Mexico moved to San Jose

31 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Beat me on the thread by a minute.  Cool that they are playing the game but that has to be tough on whoever is planning.

I’d imagine all if UNM’s games will be played on the road this year.  Also I merged yours, @sebasour & @#1Stunner threads into one. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Cool! Though is it true that NM hasn't even practiced yet? Are there safety concerns for the players going into a full contact game situation if this is true? I didn't play football, so I don't know this...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’d imagine all if UNM’s games will be played on the road this year.  Also I merged yours, @sebasour & @#1Stunner threads into one. 

It's what our local soccer team did this year. It's a bummer, but you gotta take what you can get I guess

I'm struck by the fact that they did NOT do this exact same thing last week for the Colorado State game.  Instead they chose to announce that THEY, i.e., New Mexico, would not be playing AT Colorado State last week.   And somehow that game was ruled (apparently by the MWC) to be a "no-contest".  When it absolutely SHOULD have been ruled a FORFEIT by New Mexico.

I would love to see a statement from Craig Thompson explaining what changed in Bernalillo County that allows New Mexico to travel to San Jose this week when they couldnt travel to Fort Collins last week.

I doubt if we’ll see anything about it from the MWC “leadership”.

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This seems like just one more step toward cancellation. I’ve had this mentally penciled in as a bye since the schedule came out.

Smart. 

1 hour ago, Castle Ram said:

Can UNM play this game?  What has changed if anything since last week when they said they couldn't play?

They might have decided that they just aren't coming back for awhile.  They're on the road the week after to Hawaii.  I.e. they could decide to just stay on the road for a month and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

I'm struck by the fact that they did NOT do this exact same thing last week for the Colorado State game.  Instead they chose to announce that THEY, i.e., New Mexico, would not be playing AT Colorado State last week.   And somehow that game was ruled (apparently by the MWC) to be a "no-contest".  When it absolutely SHOULD have been ruled a FORFEIT by New Mexico.

Well, didn't Colorado have unhealthy air due to the fires last week.  That's one reason.  Also, it might have occurred too late in the week to make it happen. 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wow, I didn’t realize Covid was so much better under control in Cali than in New Mexico. 

The positivity rate in Santa Clara County is 1.5 - 1.7%.  The issues in California are really near CSU-Carson and CSU-Fresno (So Cal and Central Valley).

Sorry UMN won't be able to host the game. I had SJSU winning this one before the change of venue. San Jose State Football Schedule Go Spartans!