Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

Again AAC Out does the MW.

19 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Reminder: MWC is 12-10 vs AAC, and 1-0 this year (AFA > Navy)

But the AAC definitely has better PR people.

Just stop. They have a better top. They also have a comparable bottom. It's a deeper league than here.

UCF went unbeaten for 2 entire seasons, finally losing in the Fiesta Bowl against LSU, an unfathomable feat in college football.

The Houston team that went 13-1 in 2015 beat like four ranked teams that year, including a top ten Florida State in their NY6 game.

Boise is the beginning and the end of NY6 talk until someone else does it from here. 

If it was just PR, the MWC would have a comparable last 7-8 years, which isn't the case.

It's significantly above their G5 peers, and is basically the ACC without Clemson. It's a good league. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

It's significantly above their G5 peers, and is basically the ACC without Clemson. It's a good league. 

And yet, the MWC is 12-10 vs the AAC all-time.

AAC is indeed good; MWC is just slightly better head-to-head. 

9 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

And yet, the MWC is 12-10 vs the AAC all-time.

AAC is indeed good; MWC is just slightly better head-to-head. 

giphy.gif

You guys never play the top teams. It's shown since we started doing this in 2014 that their SoS within their league is respected more than here.  

Spike the ball, I guess.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Speaking of playing the top teams.. Here's the AAC's out of conference results this year. 

Cincinnati 55, Austin Peay 20
Cincinnati 24, Army 10 (OK, semi legit)
Navy 3, BYU 55
Navy 7 AFA 40
SMU 31, Texas State 24
SMU 65, University of Northern Texas 35
SMF 50, Stephen F. Austin 7
Memphis 37 Arkansas State 24
UCF 49, Ga. Tech 21 (OK, semi legit)
South Florida 0, Notre Dame 52 (OK, legit ass whipping by Notre Dame)

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/mountainwest/americanathletic.shtml

Here's the history. Lots of wins against Tulsa, Navy, and UConn there. Missed Houston during their good year, haven't played UCF. Played and beat a so so Cincy team in a bowl.

So sure, the MWC has shown it's better than Tulsa, Navy, and UConn. Plenty of losses to Tulsa as well. Not sure you want to pound your chest about this.

1 minute ago, Koji Vu said:

Here's a relevant figure of merit from 2019:
UCLA 14 at Cincinnati 24
SDSU 23 at UCLA 14

Yet Cincy rolled through its conference and SDSU struggled through its conference even though it also dominated BYU.

Memphis won the league last year.

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I like the AAC. Remember, I want Boise State in the AAC. But the problem with the AAC over the last two years is the defense that has been played in the conference and the coaching turnover. I feel like the MWC was the better football conference last year but I admit the AAC overall has the better rep and recruits better. That is why Is like to see Boise and a few others make the jump over. Reputation and recruiting.

I have no problem with the AAC. But their fans, well that's a different story. You seem alright so don't take that personally.

I agree which is why I really like Cincy this season. Their coach is still there after back-to-back 11 win seasons and they have a legit D.

as for the last part, thx :-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Sorry, Cincy rolled through its division. 

Again, the AAC has a great PR staff and plays more games when everybody is awake. But that's pretty much it. 

The difference comes in two ways: the number of teams putting up quality play at any given time and the consistent improvement year to year since their inception overall.  No other conference has improved like they have over the last 7 years.

18 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

They started off putting only 2 PAC-12 schools in the T25 because they haven’t played yet and because of the east coast bias. There should be a couple PAC teams in the Top10 after 3 or 4 weeks. And the Big10 will probably be one more. An undefeated Boise will make their way into the Top 10 for sure and likely pass Cincy even if they lose a game. So I don’t think starting late is bad. I think it could end up better. 

East coast bias = poor west coast quality  (as it relates to football)

6 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The difference comes in two ways: the number of teams putting up quality play at any given time and the consistent improvement year to year since their inception overall.  No other conference has improved like they have over the last 7 years.

When I first started watching SDSU in 2015, the MWC West sucked donkey balls, and the division has improved in quality every year. But you wouldn't know it if you listened to the talking heads.

MWC had a better record vs P5 last year.

The MWC is 3-0 vs AAC in Bowl Games. Two of those games weren't really games at all. SDSU demolished both Cincinnati and Houston. I mean OBLITERATED them. 

AAC has a better PR department and plays its games when the rest of the nation is awake, though. For example, check out this article that dismisses the P5 records of both conferences (MWC had a better record last year) and just looks at head to head (which the AAC did better in 2019) - while not noting that the MWC was 11-10 lifetime vs the AAC.

https://www.downthedrive.com/2019/12/3/20993282/why-judging-group-of-five-teams-on-power-5-wins-is-a-mistake

9 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Again, the AAC has a great PR staff and plays more games when everybody is awake. But that's pretty much it. 

no, it's not that we have a 'great' PR staff...it's that you're stuck with Craig Thompson.

Aresco is a smart carnival barker with good ESPN connections

mem skyline sig.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

AAC has a better PR department and plays its games when the rest of the nation is awake, though. For example, check out this article that dismisses the P5 records of both conferences (MWC had a better record last year) and just looks at head to head (which the AAC did better in 2019) - while not noting that the MWC was 11-10 lifetime vs the AAC.

https://www.downthedrive.com/2019/12/3/20993282/why-judging-group-of-five-teams-on-power-5-wins-is-a-mistake

being 11-10 against the AAC isn't something I'd brag about.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

17 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Here's a relevant figure of merit from 2019:
UCLA 14 at Cincinnati 24
SDSU 23 at UCLA 14

Yet Cincy rolled through its conference and SDSU struggled through its conference even though it also dominated BYU.

Comparing Cinci and Carson St based on one game against an incompetent UCLA squad is like comparing  apples and oranges.

Not applicable.

Am wondering why the AAC and MW don't schedule or Bowl against each other much ?

Its obvious the The MW and MAC have partnered as well as the AAC and Sunbelt in bowls.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

13 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

If you can't see they're a better league, that's on you.

The computers agree as well. It's a dumb discussion. If the best you've got is that "well more people see them and they don't get it" and "11-10 is our record with most of those wins against Navy, Tulsa, and UConn" then there's really not a need to discuss it further. Someone from here besides Boise needs to go to the Access Bowl as the AAC winner has shown it gets the bid most years, and it's had multiple teams get it.

14 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If you can't see they're a better league, that's on you.

The computers agree as well. It's a dumb discussion. If the best you've got is that "well more people see them and they don't get it" and "11-10 is our record with most of those wins against Navy, Tulsa, and UConn" then there's really not a need to discuss it further. Someone from here besides Boise needs to go to the Access Bowl as the AAC winner has shown it gets the bid most years, and it's had multiple teams get it.

I'm afraid it's this ^^^.

Coming down the stretch (in a "normal" season) the AAC has a chance of playing conference games that can propel their best teams into position for a NY6.  Meanwhile, Boise State is wrapping up against New Mexico and hoping that there's someone at least receiving votes for the MWC Championship Game! :ph34r:

To summarize, AAC is "better enough" to control their own destiny as it relates to the major bowls (sans the CFP).

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

The AAC is "better enough" because of their location and PR staff - and also because of Craig Thompson. 

The facts on the ground, however, tell a different story. Example: Surrender Cobra by Cincy fan 15 seconds into the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNJgbQqdNw

I don't totally disagree...however it is what it is in the minds of the people that make those decisions.