Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Mtn. West QB Pass Efficiency Ratings after week one

38 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Licks your nuts? Thin skinned? Oh stop it. You brought up statistics, did you not? Did I ever say Strong's stats from last year were great? Nope. But if you're going to bring up stats from last year, it isn't unthinkable to talk about his stats after the first game of the year, so just simmer down. 

I usually agree with @kingpotatobut got to side with you here.  You made it pretty clear you were taking joy in his good stats because stats were used in a prior thread to "diss" him.  You even included an emoji.  

This may be a debate we get into for the rest of year as I would not be shocked if the POTY conversation comes down to these two.

Wait, so you're saying it might not have been the best idea to bring in a guy 2 months before the start of the season that had been moved to safety on his previous team and told he could no longer play QB for them to be your starter?

All the while, knowing that such a move would also cause the QB you praised all off-season, and who had patiently waited for 3 years in your program behind a 1st round NFL QB to finally get his shot,  to instead leave your program with a knife firmly planted in his back?

I will say it is easy to root for Henry Colombi's success at Texas Tech after all the hard work that kid put in to being a starter. He lead TTU to victory over the top Big 12 WVU defense in his first start this weekend. I hope he continues to make coach A look like a fool for his underhanded move.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

There were actually only two Aztecs who claimed Chapman was the best in the conference.

Who's Hillbilly?

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/football/hillbilly-hank-boise-state-quarterback-hank-bachmeier-hopes-to-find-right-balance-of-focus-fun/article_7752ad73-291c-550b-aad0-f0b024108009.html

13 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Licks your nuts? Thin skinned? Oh stop it. You brought up statistics, did you not? Did I ever say Strong's stats from last year were great? Nope. But if you're going to bring up stats from last year, it isn't unthinkable to talk about his stats after the first game of the year, so just simmer down. 

I guess we both agree that he was not good last year then? 

He does have some moxie. They won almost all of their close games and did it again Saturday. I predict that UNR fans will be pretty high on him when he starts this season fast. Their worst three teams on the schedule in their next three games. The last four will show how much he has improved from last year. Although, Fresno might be horrible... their defense looked awful

11 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He does have some moxie. They won almost all of their close games and did it again Saturday. I predict that UNR fans will be pretty high on him when he starts this season fast. Their worst three teams on the schedule in their next three games. The last four will show how much he has improved from last year. Although, Fresno might be horrible... their defense looked awful

His stats last year weren't good....I won't disagree with that. I also know that he was playing through injuries in weeks 2-7 and our OL was horrible last year (and not great this year either), so that didn't help. He did play better the second half of the season though, which is all you can ask of a freshman QB. 

36 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He reminds me a bit of the kid from California who started for a year at Wyoming 6-7 years ago and did well but then got a big head and transferred to IIRC Washington where he was nothing special.