Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Make Lying Wrong Again

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Where does keeping inmates on death row who you know are innocent rank on making somebody a horrible person?  Going after maximum sentences for non violent charges?  Fighting tooth and nail to keep people in prison longer then needed so they can fight forest fires for $1 and hour?  Civil asset forfeiture before any CHARGES, let alone a guilty verdict.

Just trying to keep up here.

If Joe had anyone other than Kamala as his running mate, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat this election. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

If Joe had anyone other than Kamala as his running mate, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat this election. 

Voting for Kamala means you might not be a slaver, but being a slaver is not a deal breaker for you.

Did I do that right?

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Voting for Kamala means you might not be a slaver, but being a slaver is not a deal breaker for you.

Did I do that right?

Close enough. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Look at it this way.  Joe looks robust enough to make it 4 years and by making her VP she has less influence than as a Senator.  Hopefully a centrist Dem will take her place and relegate her to history.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You come across as the left version of Trump. 

Lol. I've been registered as an Independent since my first election I was able to vote in (1988), where I voted for H.W. over Dookakus. And as an Independent, I used my ability to choose which primary to vote in to vote for McCain in the GOP primary in 2000, who I would have voted for over Gore had he won the GOP nomination.  I'm pro-2A, and pro-all the other amendments for that matter, unlike the anti-Constitutional c*ntmonkeys enabling the unprecedented power grab by this administration. I'm also pro law-and-order - I spent over half a decade providing training for LEAs in CA.

And I'm pro-honesty. As a mathematician and data scientist, I let the data fill my empty cup before I form an opinion.

Lastly, leading into the last election, I cited the current and former national security professionals who went on record citing national security concerns regarding a potential Turmp administration, as I went on record here stating the exact same concerns.

So, what... my siggy that relates my opposition to runaway unaccountability by militarized LEAs makes me the "left version of Trump?" GTFO with that horseshit.

I'm as much a "left version of Trump" as the lifelong Republican never-Trumpers. 

Your post is a perfect example of the schism between perception and reality. So I suggest you go find your sippy cup and recalibrate that shit, ese. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

16 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lol. I've been registered as an Independent since my first election I was able to vote in (1988), where I voted for H.W. over Dookakus. And as an Independent, I used by ability to choose what primary to vote in to vote for McCain in 2000, who I would have voted for over Gore had he won the GOP nomination.  I'm pro-2A, and pro-all the other amendments for that matter, unlike the anti-Constitutional c*ntmonkeys enabling the unprecedented power grab by this administration. I'm also pro law-and-order - I spent over half a decade providing training for LEAs in CA.

And I'm pro-honesty. As a mathematician and data scientist, I let the data fill my empty cup before I form an opinion.

Lastly, leading into the last election, I cited the current and former national security professionals who went on record citing national security concerns regarding a potential Turmp administration, as I went on record here stating the exact same concerns.

So, what... my siggy that relates my opposition to runaway unaccountability by militarized LEAs makes me the "left version of Trump?" GTFO with that horseshit.

I'm as much a "left version of Trump" as the lifelong Republican never-Trumpers. 

Your post is a perfect example of the schism between perception and reality. Odd considering I'm in agreement with your OP. So I suggest you go find your sippy cup and recalibrate that shit, ese. :shrug:

Delusion isn’t your friend, but keep thinking you are somehow different than Trump, ie at times you can be as big an asshole as he is. 

35 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

tenor.gif

No, I got it. 

I don't want to turn this discussion into "yeah but you aren't very fair in your critique because you didn't include x and y and z" 

Because then I would turn around and point out his imperfections and then the discussion would be about who is the most or least qualified to offer this criticism. 

The discussion isn't about me or him or you, it's about the people we elected 

29 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

He did add Schumer and Schiff. I'll throw in ACO, Omar, Tlaib and Hirono. 

I don't know much about Hirono.  I think Omar has probably told some woppers about her personal life.  I don't really think of AOC as a liar.  I think she is refreshingly honest for someone on the far left.  She is not afraid of being on the record for where she actually stands.  Most folks as far left as she is claim to have more moderate positions.  

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

No, I got it. 

I don't want to turn this discussion into "yeah but you aren't very fair in your critique because you didn't include x and y and z" 

Because then I would turn around and point out his imperfections and then the discussion would be about who is the most or least qualified to offer this criticism. 

The discussion isn't about me or him or you, it's about the people we elected 

Meh, I was mostly just looking for any opportunity to post that gif b/c I came across it this morning and it gave me a chuckle.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

No, he called me out for not including them. 

I thought he was doing both, actually. :D

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/us/politics/arizona-mormons-trump-biden.html

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints tend to vote Republican. But in Arizona, some find the president’s behavior at odds with their values and are shifting to Joe Biden.

Amen!

with every fiber of my being!

makes my bosom burn!

6 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't know much about Hirono.  I think Omar has probably told some woppers about her personal life.  I don't really think of AOC as a liar.  I think she is refreshingly honest for someone on the far left.  She is not afraid of being on the record for where she actually stands.  Most folks as far left as she is claim to have more moderate positions.  

I don't think AOC is a liar, but I do think she's an idiot. My list was a list of politicians I can't stand (I don't know if I'd say I hate any of them....seems a bit much). Ilhan Omar embodies the idea of prejudice and hate. Hirono is an idiot also, but her misandrist comments didn't sit well with me. Maxine Walters is another nut. I don't like Trump, but for me, it comes down to disliking an asshole whose policies I don't mind vs a group of politicians on the other side who may not mind as much singularly, but there is strength in numbers even in in a negative light. 

30 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Delusion isn’t your friend, but keep thinking you are somehow different than Trump, ie at times you can be as big an asshole as he is. 

Oh, I skew towards being an asshole at times, no doubt about it. In fact, the default shittyness I ascribe to the human race is the genesis of the nascent misanthropy I find myself reluctantly embracing.

But assholiness aside, I am data/science-driven, don't sexually assault women, and value truth and honesty more than almost anything else in my life. Unlike Trump, I am a principled person; I live by a set of ethics and values I tend to project onto others despite their relative lack of consideration for such things. 

So in that regard, I am nothing like our protofascist wannabe dick tater. But an asshole at times? Sure. I own that.

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The issue with Trump isn’t being an asshole.  The issue with Trump is the Truth is whatever serves his personal interest in the moment.  Including making disparaging statements about people.   

@TheSanDiegan can absolutely be an asshole, as can most of us on here, but he never lets the data be over ridden by his desire for the truth.   

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

The issue with Trump isn’t being an asshole.  The issue with Trump is the Truth is whatever serves his personal interest in the moment.  Including making disparaging statements about people.   

@TheSanDiegan can absolutely be an asshole, as can most of us on here, but he never lets the data be over ridden by his desire for the truth.   

Just asked my wife, "Hey baby, on a scale of 1-10 how big of an asshole can I be?"

Her answer? "Ten."

Then I asked her, "On a scale of 1-10 how often am I an asshole?"

Her answer: "Five. No wait... seven."

I thought her answer would be five. :shrug: So I asked her the same question about how often I was an asshole when she first met me. Her answer: "Four... or should I say three, out of ten."

So there you have it folks. It's Trump's fault. :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

makes my bosom burn!

That's hot...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

If everybody's an asshole, does that mean nobody is?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.