Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Week 8 Gameday Thread

Morning MWers :coffeecomputer:

It is great to be where we are now.  I know we all hate our current lot in life dealing with all this madness, all this turmoil and unknown.  Plus the virus.     OH!  :rimshot1:

In all seriousness, glad to be able to watch some MWC football, as much as I complain about it, being done with football at 8pm just doesn't seem right.  I think we are all in agreeance that a night game is great in these times.  So let's fricking go.

USU is in Boise for a game that if the Aggies want to prove themselves and get the immediate inside track on the Mtn, the time is now.  Boise has the talent, has the expectations, but doesn't have the crowd, and doesn't have the underdog mentality.  Given all these home team losses this season, don't count anyone out.

Wyoming is in Reno for a matchup between two teams you just have to respect.  Wyoming is always a mentally tough squad, and Bohl has their defense disciplined and technical.  Nevada is always overlooked by people, and it is unjust.  This is a great interdivisional game that if the West wants to shed itself as being the weaker side of the conference, this game is a needed win.

Hawaii is in Fresno to fight over a screwdriver.  Hawaii has lost quite a bit, and Fresno is looking to find itself this year.  This is toss up to me, and should be interesting.  It's also not televised, so post a link if you have it.

UNLV is in Carson to take on the Aztecs.  New coaches, new QB's, new stadiums.  This is a game that SDSU is supposed to win, and with what appears to be a lot of Rebels out, is not a bad bet.  But, Arroyo knows how to put people in the endzone, and UNLV is looking to establish themselves as the new kid on the block.  It will be interesting to see how each team looks today.

And Air Force is in San Jose State. AFA blew the doors off of Navy, and will look to continue to punish teams on the ground.  SJSU typically has a good offense, but the question is can they stop the ground attack (?) of Air Force.

Around the country, the Big Ten is also back so we are getting more matchups and people finally shut the frick up about "I don't want to watch the SEC".  NC State and UNC are battling on Tobacco Road, and is the first matchup between these two as ranked teams in quite awhile.  UNC had a horrible first half, can't do it today if it want to keep their hopes alive for the ACC title game. Nebraska heads to Colombus to be the first victim to the Buckeyes.  I do believe that Ohio State is going to be one of the best two teams in the country, if not the best.  Scott Frost keeping it close will be a victory.  Oklahoma faces TCU, and surprisingly, neither team is ranked.  Kinda strange, but let's be real, Oklahoma is a top 25 team, but TCU is going to give them quite the challenge.  Iowa State is in Stillwater to try and kill the Big 12's shot at the playoff.  Oklahoma State looks real good, but it is Oklahoma State, they can't not find a way to mess up.  They typically do it against unranked teams, but Iowa State is a good squad to do it too.  Cincinnati and SMU square off in a pivotal matchup in the AAC that has major implications for the NY6.  SMU is lucky to be undefeated after the Tulane game, but Cincy has not had the scare yet, and looks to be as advertised.  I know all of you hate the AAC, but this should be an interesting game to watch.  And game of the week is in my beloved Minneapolis.  The Little Brown Jug is on the line as the Michigan Wolverines take on the Golden Gophers.  Expectations are elevated for the Maroon and Gold, and expectations are always high for the Maize and Blue.  Has Michigan finally found a QB?  Can the Gophers replace all the defense that they lost?  The first Big Ten trophy game of the season and it is going to be cold in the North.  I. F'n. Love. It.

So glad to have MWC football back.  Polo is laid out, fridge is stocked, tater tot hot dish will be made, flags are posted.  My body is ready.  Cheers to all you sons of bitches, may you all lose. :USFlag::banana::USFlag:

Today I got

Rutgers +10 on Michigan State

Oklahoma -7 on TCU

Oklahoma State -3 on Iowa State

South Carolina +4.5 on LSU

SJSU/Air Force under 63

I didn't bet on any other MWC games, but I think SDSU wins and covers, Wyoming wins and covers, Fresno pulls the upset, and Boise and Air Force wins but fails to cover

24 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

o glad to have MWC football back.  Polo is laid out, fridge is stocked, tater tot hot dish will be made, flags are posted.  My body is ready.  Cheers to all you sons of bitches, may you all lose. :USFlag::banana::USFlag:

Tater tot hot dish was the perfect capstone to this post!

Go Cowboys!  Go Huskers!  

10 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Today I got

SJSU/Air Force under 63

I'm not sure about that.  SJSU hasn't been good at stopping the run, and run is what AFA does best.  And AFA is going up against a passing game that features some really good receivers.  It could be a shootout. 

49 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is the thread I’ve been looking for all year. Hell yeah!

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Here are the current lines for MWC games:

Utah State @ Boise State (-17)     Total 51.5

Hawaii @ Fresno State (-2.5)     Total 65.5

UNLV @ San Diego State (-14)     Total 51

Air Force (-7.5) @ San Jose State     Total 63.5

Wyoming (-3) @ Nevada     Total 52.5

CSU and UNM :(

"...One thread to rule them all, and in their man-caves bind them,"

Apologies to the ladies of the board, but the line works too well. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's the meal of the god's.  Not sure why they named it manna.

What the hell is the tator tot hot dish you speak of?

edit:  tator tot casserole.  We’ve used green beans and at times fresh garden peas.  Delicious!

The Fresno St vs. Hawaii game can be seen for free (outside of Fresno and Hawaii) on the Team1Sports app. The app is available for mobile devices and TV streaming devices like Roku, etc. For whatever reason, it’s not available to be streamed on desktops and laptops. 

Making about 4 quarts of green chili.  Nobody in Washington state has any idea what it is, but my neighborhood is about to learn!

I went authentic and got hatch chiles delivered this week, plus my wife and I have an adult halloween party tonight and will take some for everybody to enjoy