Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Borat's "Daughter" at the White House

Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat dropped another video clip from his upcoming movie.

In the clip, actress Maria Bakalova who plays his daughter is on the White House grounds, attending a WH press conference, shadowing OAN's Chanel Rion and more.

In the clip Borat says no security check or COVID test needed.

When I heard that there was a new Borat, I honestly thought "Why?" I loved the first one, and loved the character on the Ali G show. Classic. But who needed another one?

But I may just watch this. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I wonder of it will have as many dishonest editing cuts as the Rudy clip Full Audio/Video of Rudy Giulanni & "15 year old" : https://streamable.com/fktlgh

Anyone care to point out where Rudy crossed the line? @IanforHeisman ?  The teetering old fart only stuck his hands down his pants to tuck in his shirt after the chick yanked his mic/battery out of his belt. 

Borat is a left-wing political hackivist 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Oh yea, and not Borat, but this is one of the best SBC fake interviews...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

When I heard that there was a new Borat, I honestly thought "Why?" I loved the first one, and loved the character on the Ali G show. Classic. But who needed another one?

These are exactly my thoughts.

43 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Ok, who the f..k is borat? I live under a rock 

Ask your wife.

Or ask......   MY WIFE!!!

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Is that ted cruz announcing at the beginning?

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I watched it, and although there were a few funny moments, it was pretty damn boring, annoying and not funny. A lot of the time he’d be speaking to his daughter in their foreign language and there was captioning for the language they were speaking. It made no sense at all and was irritating. His daughter was pretty annoying and unfunny.

He’s always relied too much and too strongly on penis and really crude subject material, and he has yet to learn that less is more. Crude sex talk no longer has any shock value in this country. That was the 70’s and 80’s. 

I’d give it a D-.

kat.jpg

52 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

A modern day Don Quixote!

I never thought about it this way. But I honestly read something recently that discussed Don Quixote as satire, which makes a lot of sense. 

15 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I watched it, and although there were a few funny moments, it was pretty damn boring, annoying and not funny. A lot of the time he’d be speaking to his daughter in their foreign language and there was captioning for the language they were speaking. It made no sense at all and was irritating. His daughter was pretty annoying and unfunny.

He’s always relied too much and too strongly on penis and really crude subject material, and he has yet to learn that less is more. Crude sex talk no longer has any shock value in this country. That was the 70’s and 80’s. 

I’d give it a D-.

You're right!  Ever since "Grab 'em by the pussy", shock value just isn't there.  But please, stick to political commentary because you have much more credibility there than you do as a movie/video critic.

16 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I never thought about it this way. But I honestly read something recently that discussed Don Quixote as satire, which makes a lot of sense. 

The quixotic journey across the world to meet the woman of his dreams. It’s one of the many reasons I loved the first one.

I love the idea of Don Quixote as satire. Did you read Salman Rushdie’s take on Don Quixote? 

4 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

I wonder of it will have as many dishonest editing cuts as the Rudy clip Full Audio/Video of Rudy Giulanni & "15 year old" : https://streamable.com/fktlgh

Anyone care to point out where Rudy crossed the line? @IanforHeisman ?  The teetering old fart only stuck his hands down his pants to tuck in his shirt after the chick yanked his mic/battery out of his belt. 

Borat is a left-wing political hackivist 

Rudy did nothing wrong but he was a gross fool.