robe

LA times 56% think Trump will win

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

And I question whether or not he has much "silent support" this time around, his base seems loud and proud STUPID

5 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yep. And Trump will win PA and MI to put him over the top. If I had to make a prediction now based on VBM and EV I'd say Trump wins 295-243.

But I withhold the right to change my prediction about the margin of victory in the EC until next week. 

Dems have a 700k registered voters advantage over R's in PA and I don't think they'll be hemming and hawing over Hillary this time.

People hated Hillary.

If it was any other candidate in any other year, most would think Trump was doomed right now. I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable betting against him. That said, if forced to pick I’d say Biden wins.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'd probably put a small amount on Trump because the odds are long now and shit's crazy enough to think it's more possible than the odds suggest.

But polling democrats about a biden win right now is like polling the bench about whether the pitcher is going to finish his no-hitter. 

This is the closest thing in this thread to an acknowledgment of what I believe is the biggest takeaway from a poll that shows a lot of democrats think Trump will win - in 2016, (most) people were so sure Trump would lose to HRC in a landslide that I think it empowered a sense of complacency for several voter demographics.

This time around, by contrast, it is the fear he might be reelected that is driving record numbers of Americans to vote early, which if I were to bet I would think is a likely indicator that we will see record turnouts, period.

IMO this doesn't bode well for Trump's chances of reelection.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This is the closest thing in this thread to an acknowledgment of what I believe is the biggest takeaway from a poll that shows a lot of democrats think Trump will win - in 2016, (most) people were so sure Trump would lose to HRC in a landslide that I think it empowered a sense of complacency for several voter demographics.

This time around, by contrast, it is the fear he might be reelected that is driving record numbers of Americans to vote early, which if I were to bet I would think is a likely indicator that we will see record turnouts, period.

IMO this doesn't bode well for Trump's chances of reelection.

IDK. The hillbillies seem pretty fired up this time. Moreso than last time even. 

It's going to be a nailbiter either way. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK. The hillbillies seem pretty fired up this time. Moreso than last time even. 

It's going to be a nailbiter either way. 

It's a shame we don't have this kind of (enthusiasm for) participation in every election.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's a shame we don't have this kind of (enthusiasm for) participation in every election.

Because most people saw no difference.  For good or bad Trump has certainly proven to be different.

I’m not sure what will happen but looking at Rasmussen polls tonight Trump has 250 plus votes. I’m not sure Biden is going to run away with this. The news media is trying to say this is different than 2016. Maybe it is maybe it isn’t.