Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

LA times 56% think Trump will win

Just now, THEUniversityofNevada said:

It's 2020, literally anything could happen, even a giant meteor. However, if I was forced to place a large wager using my hard earned money on either of the two candidates winning the election, I would put my money on Biden. But we'll see. It's an unprecedented time to be holding a presidential election.  

I'd probably put a small amount on Trump because the odds are long now and shit's crazy enough to think it's more possible than the odds suggest.

But polling democrats about a biden win right now is like polling the bench about whether the pitcher is going to finish his no-hitter. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'd probably put a small amount on Trump because the odds are long now and shit's crazy enough to think it's more possible than the odds suggest.

But polling democrats about a biden win right now is like polling the bench about whether the pitcher is going to finish his no-hitter. 

I'm not a Democrat, though. For the record. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Trump will win.

Yep. And Trump will win PA and MI to put him over the top. If I had to make a prediction now based on VBM and EV I'd say Trump wins 295-243.

But I withhold the right to change my prediction about the margin of victory in the EC until next week. 

The LA Times ran a tracking poll in 2016 that started out with a sample of undecided voters and tracked their support each week. Trump was consistently ahead in the poll in 2016, which was odd at the time. They did t do that poll this year from what I have seen. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The LA Times ran a tracking poll in 2016 that started out with a sample of undecided voters and tracked their support each week. Trump was consistently ahead in the poll in 2016, which was odd at the time. They did t do that poll this year from what I have seen. 

From what I’ve read the amount of undecided voters is much smaller this time around. I think at this point people either love him or hate him. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

From what I’ve read the amount of undecided voters is much smaller this time around. I think at this point people either love him or hate him. 

Add to that this year there won't be a Comey announcement 11 days before the election that his office had reopened the investigation of Trump's opponent who was as hated a Democrat nominee as ever.

Not gonna be a blowout like hardcore Dems think but neither is it going to be a Trump upset like the far-righters here think.

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

And I question whether or not he has much "silent support" this time around, his base seems loud and proud.