Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

LA times 56% think Trump will win

Just now, THEUniversityofNevada said:

It's 2020, literally anything could happen, even a giant meteor. However, if I was forced to place a large wager using my hard earned money on either of the two candidates winning the election, I would put my money on Biden. But we'll see. It's an unprecedented time to be holding a presidential election.  

I'd probably put a small amount on Trump because the odds are long now and shit's crazy enough to think it's more possible than the odds suggest.

But polling democrats about a biden win right now is like polling the bench about whether the pitcher is going to finish his no-hitter. 

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'd probably put a small amount on Trump because the odds are long now and shit's crazy enough to think it's more possible than the odds suggest.

But polling democrats about a biden win right now is like polling the bench about whether the pitcher is going to finish his no-hitter. 

I'm not a Democrat, though. For the record. 

A recent Gallup poll found that, despite Biden’s consistent lead in the polls, 56% of Americans think Trump will win.

So the L.A. Times is now the Gallup poll? Whoda thunk it?

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Trump will win.

Yep. And Trump will win PA and MI to put him over the top. If I had to make a prediction now based on VBM and EV I'd say Trump wins 295-243.

But I withhold the right to change my prediction about the margin of victory in the EC until next week. 

The LA Times ran a tracking poll in 2016 that started out with a sample of undecided voters and tracked their support each week. Trump was consistently ahead in the poll in 2016, which was odd at the time. They did t do that poll this year from what I have seen. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The LA Times ran a tracking poll in 2016 that started out with a sample of undecided voters and tracked their support each week. Trump was consistently ahead in the poll in 2016, which was odd at the time. They did t do that poll this year from what I have seen. 

From what I’ve read the amount of undecided voters is much smaller this time around. I think at this point people either love him or hate him. 

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

From what I’ve read the amount of undecided voters is much smaller this time around. I think at this point people either love him or hate him. 

Add to that this year there won't be a Comey announcement 11 days before the election that his office had reopened the investigation of Trump's opponent who was as hated a Democrat nominee as ever.

Not gonna be a blowout like hardcore Dems think but neither is it going to be a Trump upset like the far-righters here think.

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

And I question whether or not he has much "silent support" this time around, his base seems loud and proud.