Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

sort of anticipated but it looks many of the bowls will postpone this season

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

sadly, some of these might never come back

I'm probably a minority, but I sort of like the less known bowl games and having a football game on every night for 3 weeks

You are. I know one guy that gets grumpy about all the bowl games. Even more grumpy about those than about terrorism. @Jack Bauer

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

sadly, some of these might never come back

I'm probably a minority, but I sort of like the less known bowl games and having a football game on every night for 3 weeks

So what, some of these bowls won't come back!!!  Butttttttt, we know there will always be somebody proposing a new bowl game.  The proof is that we have an abundance of bowls that mean absolutely nothing.  So, don't worry for long.

2 hours ago, unionman said:

So what, some of these bowls won't come back!!!  Butttttttt, we know there will always be somebody proposing a new bowl game.  The proof is that we have an abundance of bowls that mean absolutely nothing.  So, don't worry for long.

I'm with @Del Scorcho, they all mean something...to me.  You can't give me enough football.

12 hours ago, madmartigan said:

You are. I know one guy that gets grumpy about all the bowl games. Even more grumpy about those than about terrorism. @Jack Bauer

My biggest issue isn't that they have them. They should just matter if we're going to have a postseason. Why play a fun, competitive regular season, and then have an exhibition game as your postseason? I also hate that it's really just to sell hotels in warmer spots during the winter and in slow weeks before Christmas.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I don't understand complaining about bowl games.  In lieu of a much much larger playoff what other option is there to involve winning programs after the regular season?  The playoffs will expand to 8.  It may expand beyond that someday but for certain it will never expand beyond 16 teams.  I like the bowls in that they put a capstone on the season and give us so much football over the holidays.

Hmmm. Not surprised. They are NY and California bowl sites. NM will be cancelled.

LA bowl will be cancelled, not sure of the Rose since they are a playoff bowl this year.  
MW still has the AZ bowl and maybe a TX bowl.  NY6 is out of the reach since the MW started so late.

6 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Hmmm. Not surprised. They are NY and California bowl sites. NM will be cancelled.

LA bowl will be cancelled, not sure of the Rose since they are a playoff bowl this year.  
MW still has the AZ bowl and maybe a TX bowl.  NY6 is out of the reach since the MW started so late.

Yes, the LA Bowl has been cancelled.