bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why is healthcare a right as provided by the government?

One you decide to provide emergency services, and have rules that not allow hospitals to not treat people dying, etc.  It actually makes it less cost effective for people to not have any healthcare.  Otherwise, hospitals would go out of businesses.

We can be totally libertarian and not allow any sort of health care and let people die, but that seems rather cruel.  The reasons why a lot of workplaces do provide healthcare is actually that has been shown to be cost effective.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

By my count they have muted Trump twice.

My count is the same. Both times it has been become he went over his time. Biden tried to start his time early once.

Moderator: Address the black community directly and tell them you understand

Trump: I'M THE SECOND COMING OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN AND OBAMA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, Trump did less for black people than Lincoln.  JUST MAYBE though.  lolooololol

He's such a goddamned joke.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know that thanks to the ACA I have dramatically worse coverage and have to pay far more for it.  I may be looking at filling medical bankruptcy.

I pay roughly 22k per year for a family for what is equivalent to a Bronze Obamacare plan with huge deductibles and copays. I would have paid a quarter of that for a similar plan before the ACA.

• Like 1
Just now, retrofade said:

Moderator: Address the black community directly and tell them you understand

Trump: I'M THE SECOND COMING OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN AND OBAMA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama did next to nothing for the Black community with policy.  However see my above post.  Trumps "maybe Lincoln did more" is, well, wow.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep.  Great Job.  Trump is also not acting like an unhinged lunatic, which makes it easier for her.

Yeah I agree.  If Trump acted like this normally he might have more support.  But while doing this he is changing the civil service laws.  

That being said Trump has done a good job of criminal justice reform.  No President is all good and bad.