bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I think the difference is that Boehner and McConnell came out and said they were going to oppose everything that Obama put out. 

In any event, you were right that Trump could have gotten a pretty good retort in there.

But he would need knowledge that he doesn’t have. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

They? ERs never could turn anyone away even before the ACA. As far as individual costs increases, everyone is community rated,  not individually rated since there are no preexisting condition exclusions. So if you live in an area with terribly unhealthy people, you get to pay higher premiums. That's only a small reason of the increased costs for individual puchasers.

Not ER's, Health Insurance used to be able to turn you away.  No they can't.  That's the main reason insurance costs higher.  That's what I meant sorry.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Fracking is all about Pennsylvania. 

And Alaska, and the Dakotas, and Wyoming, and California, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, the Gulf States... etc.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It means EVERYTHING in the US reducing their carbon footprint.

I wish we would stop exporting so much and save it for later. 

My take away...............Better overall for both that the other mess..................trump was calmer, but had little substance other than his  usual talking points...................Biden did enough to win the debate.......................maybe a small % were swayed by this debate, i e if your major concern is fracking you like trump if you're the 99.9% of people fracking means nothing to you 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If this was a football game Trump was not favored  to win but pulled the upset 42-31

Yeah,  you guys all said on here he won the last debate too:waiting:  Trump didn't act like a baboon but he still handily lost. 

• Like 1
  • Idiot 1
3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

My take away...............Better overall for both that the other mess..................trump was calmer, but had little substance other than his  usual talking points...................Biden did enough to win the debate.......................maybe a small % were swayed by this debate, i e if your major concern is fracking you like trump if you're the 99.9% of people fracking means nothing to you 

We heard the same thing from Trump we hear every day. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

My understanding is they automated and streamlined some of it.  And I disagree many with pre existing conditions were not taken care of by Medicaid.  

I deal with it every day and believe me or not, it is far from streamlined and automated. I didn't say anything about pre existing conditions not being taken of. I didn't say anything about application of the ACA towards patient care at all. I said that Medicaid expansion is responsible for the decrease in uninsured. At the same time, the ACA decreased non subsidized, non Medicaid qualified purchasers of insurance by 40 percent (per CMS)

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If this was a football game Trump was not favored  to win but pulled the upset 42-31

Biden = Appalachian State, Trump = Arkansas State... the favorite won in both tilts.