Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

Just now, sactowndog said:

Yeah I know where the money is and I agree it’s not the Docs.

The current model is not sustainable and the Republicans have no plan but opposition.

All true except Medicare for all pushed by the Dems, believe it or not, will be a jackpot for the insurance companies. I have a policy not to invest in insurance companies but if you can beat them, join them. Your 401 k will be much healthier for it.

2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Coal is pretty much dead already. The coal mines and power plants in the Southwest would have been closed already except for their inordinate economic effects on the Native American tribes. 

The gold miners must be working 24/7 at these prices.

NV miners are digging ! Coal fired plant outside LV on a Paiute reservation closed years ago - Don't think there is a coal fire power plan in NV anymore 

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I dont doubt its complicated. I had a hard time keeping up with it when there was so much reporting on health care industry at the time.

But the politics of it is pretty simple. If the gop is gonna dismantle a program that people use and dont have an option to replace it, it's a GOP problem. Getting a replacement requires the plan, and it requires the votes. They haven't got those things, so right now the optics are that they are just trying to break something instead of fix it.

Sometimes the devil you know is better. I'm hoping the system implodes so we can start from scratch. 

2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

All true except Medicare for all pushed by the Dems, believe it or not, will be a jackpot for the insurance companies. I have a policy not to invest in insurance companies but if you can beat them, join them. Your 401 k will be much healthier for it.

Explain. I would have thought differently.  

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

I pay roughly 22k per year for a family for what is equivalent to a Bronze Obamacare plan with huge deductibles and copays. I would have paid a quarter of that for a similar plan before the ACA.

Like Judge Roberts said, it's a tax. High income earners pay more. 

6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Admit .......I like the betting line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but until the final seconds tick off it's not over 

th?id=OIP.Im2JyA2qhxg_T2yj3z46dAHaFj&pid

Coming home on Halloween 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Trump did well. He presented his case. Biden didn’t stumble too much. Firefighters making minimum wage. Trump should have pounced on that.

Unfortunately this should have been how Trump handled the 1st debate to little to late. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Do you think  CNN would really out out a poll that didn’t say Biden won.

I think instead of the conspiracy route, you could just figure that CNN viewers are probably more likely to support Biden. 

17 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I've seen 2 post debate polls, one saying Biden won by 9 and another showing Biden won by 12.

That seems to somewhat match with national polls, so Trump did nothing to gain a much needed boost

Pretty much what happened in 2016 with the debate polls. 

having said that Biden did 1000X better than Hillary. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

4 minutes ago, robe said:

Trump did well. He presented his case. Biden didn’t stumble too much. Firefighters making minimum wage. Trump should have pounced on that.

Unfortunately this should have been how Trump handled the 1st debate to little to late. 

I was thinking Biden meant to say Essential Workers instead of First Responders. But you’re expecting mental agility from Trump that just isn’t there. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 minutes ago, robe said:

I know ambulance EMTs who dont make much more than minimum wage. They're considered first responders at least colloquially.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.