Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If this was a football game Trump was not favored  to win but pulled the upset 42-31

Yeah,  you guys all said on here he won the last debate too:waiting:  Trump didn't act like a baboon but he still handily lost. 

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

My understanding is they automated and streamlined some of it.  And I disagree many with pre existing conditions were not taken care of by Medicaid.  

I deal with it every day and believe me or not, it is far from streamlined and automated. I didn't say anything about pre existing conditions not being taken of. I didn't say anything about application of the ACA towards patient care at all. I said that Medicaid expansion is responsible for the decrease in uninsured. At the same time, the ACA decreased non subsidized, non Medicaid qualified purchasers of insurance by 40 percent (per CMS)

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

My take away...............Better overall for both that the other mess..................trump was calmer, but had little substance other than his  usual talking points...................Biden did enough to win the debate.......................maybe a small % were swayed by this debate, i e if your major concern is fracking you like trump if you're the 99.9% of people fracking means nothing to you 

We heard the same thing from Trump we hear every day. 

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If this was a football game Trump was not favored  to win but pulled the upset 42-31

Biden = Appalachian State, Trump = Arkansas State... the favorite won in both tilts.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

I deal with it every day and believe me or not, it is far from streamlined and automated. I didn't say anything about pre existing conditions not being taken of. I didn't say anything about application of the ACA towards patient care at all. I said that Medicaid expansion is responsible for the decrease in uninsured. At the same time, the ACA decreased non subsidized, non Medicaid qualified purchasers of insurance by 40 percent (per CMS)

The ACA was severely weakened by the republicans defunding many of the ACA’s programs...

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2019/07/26/12-ways-the-gop-sabotaged-obamacare/

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Not ER's, Health Insurance used to be able to turn you away.  No they can't.  That's the main reason insurance costs higher.  That's what I meant sorry.

Insurance plans turn you down by quoting you a premium price that is exorbitant. I change insurances every year for my business because insurance companies give you a low ball (relatively) initial premium for the first year. When the medical cost ratio turns negative, they jerk the price up. My last years medical gap insurance went up 400 percent. They effectively turned us away.

6 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Trump is an awful debater.  I think Biden took that one...  more substance.

Trump will benefit from low expectations in this one. But Biden did fine. More or less a push a think, though I thought Biden stepped in it in the energy section.

3 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Yeah I know you do.  That is why I qualified my statements.  I’m surrounded by medical professionals, but not dealing with it daily.

I think your statement understates the difficulty those with pre-existing conditions had in finding any type of reasonable insurance.  The expansion of Medicare in states who approved it did help but I disagree all of it.

Regardless, we as a country can no longer afford in a global economy to be paying 1.8 times the next highest country for health care costs.   It’s simply not sustainable.   And it’s not all lawyers.   

2 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

The ACA was severely weakened by the republicans defunding many of the ACA’s programs...

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2019/07/26/12-ways-the-gop-sabotaged-obamacare/

I wouldn't say severely weakened. When one of the reasons given is Republicans refuse to help fix problems and the majority of the sabotage are legal challenges while leaving the programs running, this hardly constitutes defunding.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Trump will benefit from low expectations in this one. But Biden did fine. More or less a push a think, though I thought Biden stepped in it in the energy section.

It is a moral victory like Alabama State "only" getting beat by 14 by Alabama and having a chance in the 4th.  Great job Alabama State!

Posted Image

34 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Except for States like here in North Carolina who have refused to expand Medicaid.

Even though it hurts doctors in the wallet, the vast majority of us think its a good thing. There are many legitimate reasons for not expanding medicaid, the most compelling is the funding formula. But with the way we're throwing around trillions of dollars for Covid relief, it's just a drop.

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

It is a moral victory like Alabama State "only" getting beat by 14 by Alabama and having a chance in the 4th.  Great job Alabama State!

That’s the game though. Debates are about perceptions. Biden benefitted bigly from low expectations, too

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Earlier today I saw a poll that had Biden even with Trump in Texas at 47%, which meant that Biden could certainly win Texas and win the presidency. I think he lost that tonight with his 'plan' to phase out the oil industry.