Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

8 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Republicans are missing the key issue of healthcare for millions of Americans... regardless if the ACA exists or not... where is your plan? 
We know what the ACA is... we can see it, we can read it; why dont we have a trump health care plan that we can right now, do a side by side comparison?

if they had a an actual plan to compare to, the american people can say, yes, the trump plan is better... but they have no plan! He just wants to erase EVERYTHING that Obama has done, plain and simple.

This is why they will always lose on that issue. They’ve never gotten serious about developing a real policy.

5 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

It's the thing they can't turn anyone away that's driving up costs, which also has bipartisan support now.

They? ERs never could turn anyone away even before the ACA. As far as individual costs increases, everyone is community rated,  not individually rated since there are no preexisting condition exclusions. So if you live in an area with terribly unhealthy people, you get to pay higher premiums. That's only a small reason of the increased costs for individual puchasers.

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I think the difference is that Boehner and McConnell came out and said they were going to oppose everything that Obama put out. 

In any event, you were right that Trump could have gotten a pretty good retort in there.

But he would need knowledge that he doesn’t have. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

They? ERs never could turn anyone away even before the ACA. As far as individual costs increases, everyone is community rated,  not individually rated since there are no preexisting condition exclusions. So if you live in an area with terribly unhealthy people, you get to pay higher premiums. That's only a small reason of the increased costs for individual puchasers.

Not ER's, Health Insurance used to be able to turn you away.  No they can't.  That's the main reason insurance costs higher.  That's what I meant sorry.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Fracking is all about Pennsylvania. 

And Alaska, and the Dakotas, and Wyoming, and California, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, the Gulf States... etc.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It means EVERYTHING in the US reducing their carbon footprint.

I wish we would stop exporting so much and save it for later. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

My take away...............Better overall for both that the other mess..................trump was calmer, but had little substance other than his  usual talking points...................Biden did enough to win the debate.......................maybe a small % were swayed by this debate, i e if your major concern is fracking you like trump if you're the 99.9% of people fracking means nothing to you