Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Final debate game thread

Only listening sporadically. Seems more like each candidate doing his thing, not something that's gonna move the needle. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know that thanks to the ACA I have dramatically worse coverage and have to pay far more for it.  I may be looking at filling medical bankruptcy.

I pay roughly 22k per year for a family for what is equivalent to a Bronze Obamacare plan with huge deductibles and copays. I would have paid a quarter of that for a similar plan before the ACA.

Just now, retrofade said:

Moderator: Address the black community directly and tell them you understand

Trump: I'M THE SECOND COMING OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN AND OBAMA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama did next to nothing for the Black community with policy.  However see my above post.  Trumps "maybe Lincoln did more" is, well, wow.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep.  Great Job.  Trump is also not acting like an unhinged lunatic, which makes it easier for her.

Yeah I agree.  If Trump acted like this normally he might have more support.  But while doing this he is changing the civil service laws.  

That being said Trump has done a good job of criminal justice reform.  No President is all good and bad.  

Just now, retrofade said:

@thelawlorfaithful will never vote for Biden now, he wants to reduce prison size.

Biden's advisor on prisons is Dr Hank Pym.

Somebody will get that...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know that thanks to the ACA I have dramatically worse coverage and have to pay far more for it.  I may be looking at filling medical bankruptcy.

2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I pay roughly 22k per year for a family for what is equivalent to a Bronze Obamacare plan with huge deductibles and copays. I would have paid a quarter of that for a similar plan before the ACA.

I hated the ACA and still blame it for losing my health coverage which convinced me to go back to school.

But where's the GOP plan? Crickets.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Only listening sporadically. Seems more like each candidate doing his thing, not something that's gonna move the needle. 

Agree - Trump calmer & not as nutty as usual - Biden more substance..........this late in the game it's a tiny % that might be swayed by this 

3 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

The problem is the millions who had no insurance as all...

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

It's the thing they can't turn anyone away that's driving up costs, which also has bipartisan support now.

5 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I own 93K in medical debt after having 400k forgiven.  I was uninsured for 5 weeks over the course of 4 years.

Thanks, Obama.  My plan now is garbage and I pay a lot for it as well.