Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State AD steps down.

How does one word in a politically correct, sly, yet indicative manner that they're capable of running a solid cheating scheme to include roids & illegal practices? Just wondering, I might know someone that's interested...also, would the lack of a CDL be a deal breaker?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is excellent news.  I figured Tromp would want her own guy at some point once COVID had settled down.  Surprised it came earlier.

I wouldn't doubt that she's behind this move for Apsey.  She probably wants more energy and dynamic personality.  Love Brad and have for decades and hope he's ready to be Mark Coyle because that's what we need IMO.

I will remember Apsey as the jack-hole who came to tell the Boise State wrestling team members (and coaches) that Boise State was cutting the wrestling program just DAYS after their last season at Boise State had concluded - AND while Boise State was hosting about a half dozen wrestling recruits.  Recruits who had been offered partial scholarships at Boise State.  

Of course Apsey wasn't the one who actually made that decision.  That was the liar that is/was Bob Kustra.  The man who had said on several occasions that they had no plans to eliminate the wrestling program at Boise State.   Apsey was just Kustra's messenger.

As far as a replacement for Apsey - I'd suggest Chris Petersen.

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Pass - what  about Dan Hawkins 

That probably won't go over well here. It's a fairly anti-Hawk group. He did burn some bridges with alumni when he left. 

That being said, I think he'd be great. He'd be out in front of people, he'd bring attention to the athletic department, he wants to be in Boise and even still has his house here. He could be a 20 year guy and he is the type of guy Boise should be looking for. He'd be the shot in the arm they need

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I'd prefer bringing in someone that has a fresh perspective. This is Tromps first big athletic decision. Let's see how she does.

And please get someone that energizes his/her people. Word in the athletic department was that Apsey was SUCH a gloom and doom personality. That's a tough environment to work in

Just as long the person will do a great job. Make sure they leave their political views at home!

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

That probably won't go over well here. It's a fairly anti-Hawk group. He did burn some bridges with alumni when he left. 

That being said, I think he'd be great. He'd be out in front of people, he'd bring attention to the athletic department, he wants to be in Boise and even still has his house here. He could be a 20 year guy and he is the type of guy Boise should be looking for. He'd be the shot in the arm they need

Lot's of big money boosters are not Hawk fans.

Pass on on Brad as well.  Do real national search.  

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lot's of big money boosters are not Hawk fans.

Pass on on Brad as well.  Do real national search.  

Yeah, I’d be fairly disappointed with a Brad Lorrando hire. Talk about meh.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

I will remember Apsey as the jack-hole who came to tell the Boise State wrestling team members (and coaches) that Boise State was cutting the wrestling program just DAYS after their last season at Boise State had concluded - AND while Boise State was hosting about a half dozen wrestling recruits.  Recruits who had been offered partial scholarships at Boise State.  

Of course Apsey wasn't the one who actually made that decision.  That was the liar that is/was Bob Kustra.  The man who had said on several occasions that they had no plans to eliminate the wrestling program at Boise State.   Apsey was just Kustra's messenger.

As far as a replacement for Apsey - I'd suggest Chris Petersen.

Didnt this guy cut wrestling then get baseball cut too.  What a clown.  

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Hawkins or Petersen would both be great hires. Hawkins is an extrovert dealing with people. He’s also been around the block and understands the college landscape. He wouldn’t bust the budget either.

Some boosters were upset with him when he said he wouldn’t leave if they funded the indoor practice facility. No sooner was that completed than he fled to CU. Regardless,  I still think he would be a great hire. I’ve been to a seminar he spoke at and he’s excellent at conversing and working with the public. 

Petersen would be a different kind of hire, but still very good. He’s loved by boosters and is respected throughout college football. He wouldn’t be as out front as Hawkins, but his organization and vision/planning skills would be a big asset. 

Im not sure if either would be open to becoming the Boise State AD. Both are financially secure and don’t need the headaches. 

53 minutes ago, slappy said:

Didnt this guy cut wrestling then get baseball cut too.  What a clown.  

Not really. He was a Kustra puppet who did exactly what he said. He was a stool pigeon and now that Kustra is gone he has no purpose as an AD

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hawkins or Petersen would both be great hires. Hawkins is an extrovert dealing with people. He’s also been around the block and understands the college landscape. He wouldn’t bust the budget either.

Some boosters were upset with him when he said he wouldn’t leave if they funded the indoor practice facility. No sooner was that completed than he fled to CU. Regardless,  I still think he would be a great hire. I’ve been to a seminar he spoke at and he’s excellent at conversing and working with the public. 

Petersen would be a different kind of hire, but still very good. He’s loved by boosters and is respected throughout college football. He wouldn’t be as out front as Hawkins, but his organization and vision/planning skills would be a big asset. 

Im not sure if either would be open to becoming the Boise State AD. Both are financially secure and don’t need the headaches. 

There are a lot of reasons why Hawk wouldn't /won't be a candidate, but someone like him would be a perfect fit

Larrondo is well liked in the community and by Boise State athletes, but there’s a lot more to being a good AD than that. You’ve got to be good at generating revenue and managing finances. You need to be able to hire good coaches and maintain a solid working relationship with coaches. The AD needs to understand the role athletics plays in the overall vision of the university, and specifically the vision of president Tromp. 

You have to assure compliance with the NCAA. You need to understand the legal ramifications in dealing with athletes that may get into trouble. National connections are a big plus. And most important you have to have a dynamic long term vision and a plan to execute that vision. 

Its a professional job, not one you give to a local good ol boy.