Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State AD steps down.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:11 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is excellent news.  I figured Tromp would want her own guy at some point once COVID had settled down.  Surprised it came earlier.

Let’s not pretend she even knows BSU has a FB team...

New-Signature.jpg

14 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/oct/22/idaho-central-credit-union-arena-starting-to-take-/

Speaking of affordability - this arena is looking pretty nice (even if it is going to be a bit small).

5f90bc3cc5ec1.hires.jpg

It's going to be pretty sweet.  I don't think we need a bigger one, especially with the changing landscape of college attendance prompted by COVID.  Lots of schools are going to offer distance learning now that they have been forced to try it.  I personally believe in person is better, but that's just me.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s not Tromp’s fault that people in Idaho are +++++ing around and not taking this virus seriously. With a few minor adjustments (or inconveniences) this virus is manageable and life can be somewhat close to normal. Wear a mask, stay six feet apart from people outside your household, don’t get lap dances at the Spearmint Rhino, avoid large indoor social gatherings, wash your hands, and just practice common sense. 

That is asking too much! @VandalPride97 daughter needs to earn a living too. 

8 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Let’s not pretend she even knows BSU has a FB team...

This has absolutely no basis in reality. She is prominent at every football game. In the student section or leading cheers with the cheerleaders. When it comes to football games, there hasn't been a Boise State President that has been more visible. Oh, and she filed a lawsuit against the conference when they said they didn't want anal anymore, essentially ramming it back up there. Oh, and she fired a shet AD way before anyone thought she would. You don't know what the feck you're talking about. I can only assume this comes from a place of misogyny 

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

It's going to be pretty sweet.  I don't think we need a bigger one, especially with the changing landscape of college attendance prompted by COVID.  Lots of schools are going to offer distance learning now that they have been forced to try it.  I personally believe in person is better, but that's just me.

I think 4k is the perfect size for Moscow. Gonzaga built a powerhouse basketball program with a 4k arena. 

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I think 4k is the perfect size for Moscow. Gonzaga built a powerhouse basketball program with a 4k arena. 

Seems about right, especially with the uncertainty of how higher education will evolve.  I'm very pleased with our President.  Solid work on the arena and in one year we went from a $20 million deficit to a $1 million surplus, with the athletic department's deficit being manageable.  I think he's done a lot toward setting the university up for the future.  Now, we just need football to go balls-deep in the playoffs next year and I think we have the piece in place to do it.

What's the budget on the new AD?  Is it enough to draw established talent or are you going to have to find the diamond hidden in the rough? 

3 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Seems about right, especially with the uncertainty of higher education.  I'm very pleased with our president.  The University is now operating at a surplus and the athletic department has only manageable debt.  

Yeah, I thought Idaho shoulda invested more into the Basketball program a long time ago

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I thought Idaho shoulda invested more into the Basketball program a long time ago

Sorry, I was in the middle of adding to my post. 

You're absolutely right.  The arena should have been built ages ago.