Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State AD steps down.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I think we need to hire from the outside. Get some fresh perspective, do a comprehensive national search. 

Yeah, I'd prefer bringing in someone that has a fresh perspective. This is Tromps first big athletic decision. Let's see how she does.

And please get someone that energizes his/her people. Word in the athletic department was that Apsey was SUCH a gloom and doom personality. That's a tough environment to work in

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/curt-apsey-steps-down-as-boise-state-athletic-director/article_03403f83-d5a9-5c1f-b426-f9276fdd5ecf.html

"Boise State booster told the Idaho Press Wednesday that "this has been in the works" for a while because in part, "a lot of of donors and coaches are frustrated with him. No vision."

This is what this board has been saying for a while. Once Kustra left, there was no reason to keep his "yes" man

Said his 5 year contract was up in June. I think it's as simple.as that. Money is tight right now, so they weren't gonna can him early and have to pay him out. The fact that he's still employed with the University even after his contact expired suggests to me that his 20+ years with the school means something. Hopefully, they didn't just create a BS position for him. He never seemed right for the AD job-- except as Kustra's lap dog.