Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

there are dozens of horrible things about this administration, but this is among the worst

Just now, Rebels18 said:

there will be 6k of us because of the rona' watch UNLV dumpster Boise St. 12/4 in the MOST LUXURIOUS STADIUM IN THE WORLD  BABY

Boise st' roster might just revolt and join UNLV so they dont have to play in that blue turfed dump anymore 

Dude, your team is in Las Vegas.  The only people who care about your basketball team are fans that are dying of old age and COVID now.  Nobody in the city even knows you play football.  You are a shit program in a city that is now a pro sports town,  You will have somewhere between 12k-19k fans a game for the rest of time.  It will be a ghost town every home game.  

Boise could hire Arroyo to be a coordinator in a few years, I bet.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Dude, your team is in Las Vegas.  The only people who care about your basketball team are fans that are dying of old age and COVID now.  Nobody in the city even knows you play football.  You are a shit program in a city that is now a pro sports town,  You will have somewhere between 12k-19k fans a game for the rest of time.  It will be a ghost town every home game.  

Boise could hire Arroyo to be a coordinator in a few years, I bet.

Like 5-7 years go we were avging 15k/game and 18k for big games before Rice/Menzies nearly destroyed the program. if you win, they will come. Tj OTz will win the MWC this season and the Mack will be packed once more. You don't have the slightest clue about what's going on in Vegas and the excitemment surrounding the program, you're just some hick kid from idaho who is butthurt about recruiting smack. SEE YOU ON 12/4 ++++

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

Like 5-7 years go we were avging 15k/game and 18k for big games before Rice/Menzies nearly destroyed the program. if you win, they will come. Tj OTz will win the MWC this season and the Mack will be packed once more. You don't have the slightest clue about what's going on in Vegas and the excitemment surrounding the program, you're just some hick kid from idaho who is butthurt about recruiting smack. SEE YOU ON 12/4 ++++

Yes, these types of people still give a crap about UNLV BB.  Too bad they are all dying.

South Park] Marvin "Grandpa" Marsh explains to Stan why he is born (Finger  in my Ass) - YouTube

6 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Pfft. Antifa doesn't have time for ballot harvesting. Not when they're so busy starting every forest fire in the West.

Ah, but they are using those ballots as kindling to start those fires.

And then the ashes are taken to China to create new viruses.  The courier?    HUNTER BIDEN!!!!

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

We don't have all the facts, obviously.

But generally it was a bad policy to ever separate kids from parents, unless it was done in very limited circumstances based on suspicion of human trafficking, and to protect the child.   Should never happen if it's obvious the kid is with their parents.

Yes, there is a well-known very angry, very unhinged poster on here (certain Fresno State fan), who disregards the Trafficking issue, and that in limited circumstances it was justified.  But generally, it was a terrible, horrible policy that the Trump administration implemented.  Shouldn't separate kids from parents.

These kids may never find there family now.

I don’t disregard it all.  It’s why Obama’s separations were justified when it occurred and Trumps are not.  If I recall you tried to equate them not me.   So perhaps the above should read....

Yes, there is a well-known very angry, very unhinged poster on here (certain BYU fan), who disregards the Trafficking issue,

oh and you are damm right I’m angry about this policy.  Seems to me to be a pretty +++++ing reasonable thing to be angry about.

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I don’t disregard it all.  It’s why Obama’s separations were justified when it occurred and Trumps are not.  If I recall you tried to equate them not me.   So perhaps the above should read....

Yes, there is a well-known very angry, very unhinged poster on here (certain BYU fan), who disregards the Trafficking issue,

oh and you are damm right I’m angry about this policy.  Seems to me to be a pretty +++++ing reasonable thing to be angry about.

hair-gel-dirty-rotten-scoundrels.png

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

It was an idiotic, outrageous act.

What a Buffoon Trump is.  

(but this won't cause people to vote for Buffoon Biden)

I certainly won't vote for Hunter Biden

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

you mean 'tiny.'

~runs away crying~

tenor (2).gif

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

3 hours ago, Slapdad said:

One big question I have is why aren't the parents reaching out to get their kids back? Even if you're deported to the poorest corner of Central America (Nicaragua), all a parent would have to do is to pick up a phone, go to police department or any government office and they would facilitate the return of their kids. I suspect that a large number of these kids were sent with people who weren't their parents or were taken by people who weren't their parents, so they may have no idea where their kids are at all. In the article, it said that "some of the families that have been contacted have elected to keep their children in the U.S. with family members or sponsors "due to fear of what will happen to their child if they return" to their home countries."....I wonder what that number is?

And before anyone here flips their damn lid (retro), I think separating the kids from the parents and deporting the parents was a huge mistake. I don't necessarily think it's as evil as some here to hold kids separately, especially since there is evidence of a history of trafficking kids across the border. And just like anyone who commits a crime with their kids in this country, their kids are taken away and held in protective custody....but I also think they should make every effort to reunite families once it has been confirmed that they are actually family members. 

They did it to parents seeking Asylum.  Asylum isn’t a crime.    

My guess if they are Salvadoran the parents probably purposely left them here to escape the violence in El Salvador.   The parents may have been killed upon being sent back and can’t reclaim their kids as a result.  

38 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

My guess if they are Salvadoran the parents probably purposely left them here to escape the violence in El Salvador.   The parents may have been killed upon being sent back and can’t reclaim their kids as a result.  

Or its +++++ing hard to track down your kid in a secretive detention facility run by an incompetent administration from another country when you were poor Nd beleaguered enough to walk across the desert to give your kid a better life.

It's hard enough it your ex wife takes your kid out of the us to assert your parental rights. I imagine its impossible for people in this situation who are alive and have the will.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Or its +++++ing hard to track down your kid in a secretive detention facility run by an incompetent administration from another country when you were poor Nd beleaguered enough to walk across the desert to give your kid a better life.

It's hard enough it your ex wife takes your kid out of the us to assert your parental rights. I imagine its impossible for people in this situation who are alive and have the will.

I am sure I will get roasted for this by you and others and I am IN NO WAY excusing current policy.  That said international standards are to seek asylum in the first safe country you enter.  This would be Mexico.  After that you are an economic migrant, not an asylum seeker.  In fact, unless you are planning on getting into the drug trade, Mexico is statistically safer than the US.

http://imagine-mexico.com/is-mexico-safe-crime-in-mexico-vs-the-usa/

Good paper on third country asylum seeking.  The US joins most of Europe in agreeing that once you pass into a "safe" country, your asylum claim is no longer valid if you did not claim asylum while entering that country.

https://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/rwmain/opendocpdf.pdf?reldoc=y&docid=4bab55da2

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Seeking asylum isn't a crime. Sneaking into the country is. If someone wants to seek asylum, they need to present themselves at a legal port of entry, which is far easier than sneaking across the border...in every way. Anybody entering the country by sneaking across the border, is in violation of 8 U.S. Code 1325. If someone wants to seek asylum, they need to go through a port of entry and do it legally. Not doing so would present a severe setback to anyone's claim of seeking asylum for legitimate reasons. The U.S. is extremely lenient towards those who are escaping violence and prosecution in their country 

I take it that you're guessing the parents are Salvadoran because it makes it easier to assume that they had a legitimate claim for seeking asylum. 

27 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Seeking asylum isn't a crime. Sneaking into the country is. If someone wants to seek asylum, they need to present themselves at a legal port of entry, which is far easier than sneaking across the border...in every way. Anybody entering the country by sneaking across the border, is in violation of 8 U.S. Code 1325. If someone wants to seek asylum, they need to go through a port of entry and do it legally. Not doing so would present a severe setback to anyone's claim of seeking asylum for legitimate reasons. The U.S. is extremely lenient towards those who are escaping violence and prosecution in their country 

I take it that you're guessing the parents are Salvadoran because it makes it easier to assume that they had a legitimate claim for seeking asylum. 

How do you know they didn’t come through a check point.  The Trump admin treated them all the same.  And no I don’t know if they are Salvadoran or not.  I’m merely hypothesizing why we may have trouble finding parents.  

52 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Good paper on third country asylum seeking.  The US joins most of Europe in agreeing that once you pass into a "safe" country, your asylum claim is no longer valid if you did not claim asylum while entering that country.

https://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/rwmain/opendocpdf.pdf?reldoc=y&docid=4bab55da2

If you are running from the drug trade you could reasonably argue Mexico isn’t safe.  

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If you are running from the drug trade you could reasonably argue Mexico isn’t safe.  

I mean, not really.  What do you mean by running from the drug trade?  That it was actively targeting you in central America and you were so involved they would was use the significant capita it would take to do you harm across international borders?  That might be what, like 30-40 people a year?