Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

Is the "undecided" voter a factor this year?

Doesn't seem so from the people I talk to or see on this board. Trumpers are Trumpers, then there's people like Stunner and NorCal who say they don't like him but fight for him tooth and nail, so...you know how they're voting.

I don't know a lot of "centrist" swing voters either. Biden is a center/center-left candidate. Would be a right wing candidate in Western Europe. He's obviously a big "meh" for the left in this country, but the left is rallied against Trump so Biden doesn't have to worry about losing their vote.

Seems like our resident devil's advocates like HMHB are sticking with sitting out/voting 3rd party.

So who is undecided? Trump rallies for Trumpers...isn't really going on the offensive with Biden, just rallying his base. Biden is just doing the same old schtick of politicking, maybe just letting Trump do most of the talking.

Are the swing voters even being swayed this election? Are there even enough swing voters to matter?

Seems like you're either die hard Trump or anti Trump/authoritarianism.

I think, therefore I'm.

2 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Doesn't seem so from the people I talk to or see on this board. Trumpers are Trumpers, then there's people like Stunner and NorCal who say they don't like him but fight for him tooth and nail, so...you know how they're voting.

I don't know a lot of "centrist" swing voters either. Biden is a center/center-left candidate. Would be a right wing candidate in Western Europe. He's obviously a big "meh" for the left in this country, but the left is rallied against Trump so Biden doesn't have to worry about losing their vote.

Seems like our resident devil's advocates like HMHB are sticking with sitting out/voting 3rd party.

So who is undecided? Trump rallies for Trumpers...isn't really going on the offensive with Biden, just rallying his base. Biden is just doing the same old schtick of politicking, maybe just letting Trump do most of the talking.

Are the swing voters even being swayed this election? Are there even enough swing voters to matter?

You think people are either die hard Trump or anti-Trump? It’s always entertaining to see how a temper tantrum TDS-Q child sees the world through baby goggles. All of your premises are wrong with the strangest being that everyone supporting Trump is die hard hardcore.

Actually, most of the people that support Trump are doing it because the alternative is much, much worse. The Trump fanatics make a lot of noise, but they’re definitely less than half of Trump supporters. Probably around a third. The rest really like Trump’s policies and the positive pro-America first philosophy, but at the same time would love to bitch slap him for being such an epic moron at times. And I’m one of those. Everyone I know that’s voting for him feels that way. And I know a lot that are. He’s still not likely to win, but he probably has a 25% shot. That will get bigger if Bidengate keeps quickly growing and if he does well Thursday. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You think people are either die hard Trump or anti-Trump? It’s always entertaining to see how a temper tantrum TDS-Q child sees the world through baby goggles. All of your premises are wrong with the strangest being that everyone supporting Trump is die hard hardcore.

Actually, most of the people that support Trump are doing it because the alternative is much, much worse. The Trump fanatics make a lot of noise, but they’re definitely less than half of Trump supporters. Probably around a third. The rest really like Trump’s policies and the positive pro-America first philosophy, but at the same time would love to bitch slap him for being such an epic moron at times. And I’m one of those. Everyone I know that’s voting for him feels that way. And I know a lot that are. He’s still not likely to win, but he probably has a 25% shot. That will get bigger if Bidengate keeps quickly growing and if he does well Thursday. 

"Sleepy Joe" is supposed to be scary?  We may need a nap after a 4 year meth and lsd binge. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Well, early voting, last I heard, was up by some 600% compared to 2016.

It depends on the state in terms of who’s voting early the most. Battleground states will tend to be more Dem a bit, and blue states will. But some red states are like 9 to 1 GOP. Here in the cow poop state of Kansas, it’s mostly GOP. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

"Sleepy Joe" is supposed to be scary?  We may need a nap after a 4 year meth and lsd binge. 

Here’s what’ll happen. Biden wins, the left will give Biden a little honeymoon, but not much. The left wants Biden out of the picture ASAP, especially if they control everything. The Bidengate stuff will continue and I think you’ll see the left slowly stop defending him on it and even raise questions. The first medical problem he has or public aging embarrassment, Pelosi and company will  tell Biden “look why don’t you do the right thing, Joe, and retire, and we’ll let Commie-la take over with setting the agenda as President so we don’t have to go through the embarrassing process of removing you using the 25th Amendment that I was talking about not being for Trump back in October. We thought we might need to use it on you.”

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Here’s what’ll happen. Biden wins, the left will give Biden a little honeymoon, but not much. The left wants Biden out of the picture ASAP, especially if they control everything. The Bidengate stuff will continue and I think you’ll see the left slowly stop defending him on it and even raise questions. The first medical problem he has or public aging embarrassment, Pelosi and company will  tell Biden “look why don’t you do the right thing, Joe, and retire, and we’ll let Commie-la take over with setting the agenda as President so we don’t have to go through the embarrassing process of removing you using the 25th Amendment that I was talking about not being for Trump back in October. We thought we might need to use it on you.”

OIP.4127dpYZjgq2dvR_I-b6OAHaHa?pid=Api&r

People, not a fan.

I'm still undecided. I'd vote for Jo but her running mate makes it very difficult to take her campaign seriously. I'm a Washington voter, so it really doesn't matter who I vote for. I may still write someone in. Although I guess I could vote for Jo anyway. Whenever I bring that up to my family they freak out about her being pro choice, but as far as I see it abortion isn't an issue. Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere, no matter what conservatives do. 

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

47 minutes ago, azgreg said:

OIP.4127dpYZjgq2dvR_I-b6OAHaHa?pid=Api&r

TDS-Q, your obsession of Q is why it’s a part of TDS. 

29 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

I'm still undecided. I'd vote for Jo but her running mate makes it very difficult to take her campaign seriously. I'm a Washington voter, so it really doesn't matter who I vote for. I may still write someone in. Although I guess I could vote for Jo anyway. Whenever I bring that up to my family they freak out about her being pro choice, but as far as I see it abortion isn't an issue. Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere, no matter what conservatives do. 

The good news is even at 6-3, there aren’t the votes to overturn RvW. Thomas would for sure and maybe Alito and Barrett. About 6 years ago Barrett said that we’re past overturning RvW and the debate will be on whether the gov pays for it. So that’s a 7-2 or 6-3 against overturning. There’s no way in hell Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Roberts vote to overturn it. All three have been voting with the liberals on some controversial issues like gay rights. In fact, the left now thinks they can work on Kavanaugh to eventually become a reliable vote for them. I don’t know about that. Remember how they said they’d impeach him? Not anymore. Trump might have screwed this one up like so many other GOP presidents.

Gorsuch and Barrett will stay relatively conservative to moderate. The old hard liner conservatives of the past are a thing of the past. Thomas is a dying breed. They call it a conservative majority, but it’s not. Averaged out, it’s more like a right leaning moderate group. 

People tend to think that conservative politics is how a conservative judge rules, but they’re somewhat different. They have a tendency to resist something new....they have a high bar. But once something exists, they require a lot to remove or change it. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

There is no undecided voter this election. You either hate him or love him. Or you tell everyone you hate him but defend his honor all over the internet. 

I don’t think this correct at all. There may be few undecideds but haters definitely outnumber the love. This is an election that puts emotion ahead of logic, maybe all elections are that way. We’re likely going to elect a tired figurehead president and future president in Kamala Harris that is less and less impressive under scrutiny. With Trump, you get a blowhard narcissist that essentially promotes many policies that have been embraced by both parties in the recent past. I’m not voting for either because NM is staunchly blue but I am going to vote for the local republican because the democrat comes from an ethically challenged political family. If you can get past the veneers, you get to vote for economic policies that have increased median family incomes by more than double than the previous administration (granted with help from the Fed.) Vs increased taxation of the business class and admitted increased spending on partisan programs. I know this is very simplified. Back to the original statement, I hate all professional politicians, so I guess I’m a hater too.

37 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I don’t think this correct at all. There may be few undecideds but haters definitely outnumber the love. This is an election that puts emotion ahead of logic, maybe all elections are that way. We’re likely going to elect a tired figurehead president and future president in Kamala Harris that is less and less impressive under scrutiny. With Trump, you get a blowhard narcissist that essentially promotes many policies that have been embraced by both parties in the recent past. I’m not voting for either because NM is staunchly blue but I am going to vote for the local republican because the democrat comes from an ethically challenged political family. If you can get past the veneers, you get to vote for economic policies that have increased median family incomes by more than double than the previous administration (granted with help from the Fed.) Vs increased taxation of the business class and admitted increased spending on partisan programs. I know this is very simplified. Back to the original statement, I hate all professional politicians, so I guess I’m a hater too.

This is spot on.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Are you in Utah?

Honestly, you can vote for whoever... The Republicans always win Utah, so it won't matter.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Are you in Utah?

Honestly, you can vote for whoever... The Republicans always win Utah, so it won't matter.

4 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

I'm still undecided. I'd vote for Jo but her running mate makes it very difficult to take her campaign seriously. I'm a Washington voter, so it really doesn't matter who I vote for.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

The media is complaining that they are having a hard time finding undecided voters for panels and surveys this year, I can't remember that ever being the case.

In 2016, the thought was that there were a lot of "closet Trump supporters" in 2016, as Undecided voters broke 60-40 his way.  That's a lot.   This voting season it's actually less hip to be truly undecided. (Also lots of unflattering studies coming out on the truly undecided voters)  I think it will be less of a factor.

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Criticism of Buffoon Joe Biden is not akin to support of Buffoon Donald Trump