Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Yahoo Survey Claiming 50% of GOP Believes QA Conspiracy is Bogus

I was going to post this in the other thread, but since I’m the only one that made the effort to study the questions and responses and did a detailed analysis, I think it deserves it’s own thread. Let’s talk about the problems with the survey itself. 

Obviously, the headline claim doesn’t even remotely come close in passing the smell test, so I looked through the 102 questions, yeah 102, to see WTF is going on.

Where do I start? There’s a question “What is your opinion of QAnon?” GOP responses:

20%  It’s a crazy extremist conspiracy not based on fact.

22%  It goes too far but I’ve heard there’s bits of it that might be true.

40%  Unsure

18%  I think it’s true

So 82% of GOP are saying they haven’t accepted the QAnon conspiracy, and 18% have. But even 18% is way too high. I think it’s closer to 5% to 8%. 

There’s a lot of confusion amongst everyone what QAnon actually is. I believe that some believe the QAnon conspiracy has something to do with Russiagate, the conspiracy with the FBI obtaining fraudulent FISA warrants to ultimately take Trump down. I hadn’t even heard about Q until I saw it here in a thread title as a conspiracy. I assumed it must be related to the Russiagate debacle. Then I read about it. 

The big problem with this poll is that there’s some questions related to QA and one of its conspiracies, but there isn’t one question that ties the child sex trafficking conspiracy to QAnon. Some of their questions say “sex trafficking” and some say “child sex trafficking” which is sloppy and maybe meant to confuse.

When they asked the question “Do you believe that high level Dems are involved in sex trafficking” and “Is Trump trying to dismantle it?” QA hadn’t been mentioned in the survey yet, and it makes no mention that it’s one of the primary conspiracies in QA. So those that don’t know about QAnon where thinking to themselves “damn, I must have missed that big news story because I’ve been so busy”, and being partisan homers needing a scandal to beat Biden, they’re like “hell yeah!” and back it up. 

Why didn’t they just ask the simple question “Do you believe the extremely controversial QAnon conspiracy that high level Dems are involved in child sex trafficking?”  

I believe the people that put together this survey knew there’s confusion, so they broke them out separately. That’s what marketing people do when they know their client wants a certain result. The story title declares that half of GOP believe the QA conspiracy, but there was never a question that inquired about that. 

By the way, who sits around and does a 102 question survey for no compensation? Who doesn’t go through 102 questions blazing fast? Everyone does. That’s the problem with these huge surveys, people blow through them and don’t put too much thought into their answers. 

One more point, when they asked the questions:

“Are Dems Involved In Sex Trafficking?”:
20% of Dems said Yes or they weren’t sure. 

“Is Trump Currently Dismantling a Dem Sex Trafficking Ring?”
30% of Dems said Yes or they weren’t sure. 

So the Dems seem to be confused as well, but by nature, if it’s a story accusing Dems of something very bad, of course many will say “No” even if they don’t know. 

kat.jpg

This thread already exists. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

32 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

We should start another. There’s mounds of good reading. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/us/politics/qanon-trump-republicans.html?0p19G=2103

You post a ridiculous survey, and then you double down with the epically biased and dishonest Propaganda Times?  Why don’t you go for the strike out and post something from MSLSD or 60 Minutes. You’re precious. 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😝😝👍

kat.jpg