Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV vs San Diego St - Carson California

15 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Thanks!  If i was an ELuther fan would you know who I was talking about? 

Oh sure. He played for San Jose State while I was at SDSU. Backed up Fouts for 4 or 5 years. He was good. I always thought he deserved more of a shot as a starter somewhere. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol

Unlv isn’t good at anything. Dumbest fan base in America and they lease a football stadium. The MW would be so much better without them. 

Malarkey (get used to that term).

UNLV is a great place to host the conference hoops tourney and they've now finally hired another good basketball coach.

51 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Thanks!  If i was an ELuther fan would you know who I was talking about? 

Yes.

Cliff Olander anyone ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, aztech said:

What I'm going to look for in the coming games are Baker's progressions.  His arm looks to be the same as Chapman's, but that might be the difference.  Hopefully.   

You're wrong. watch again. 

See the cross body throw to Kothe in 4th. Neither Chapman nor Agnew had that. Look for more accuracy overall this week, weather permitting . 

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Oh sure. He played for San Jose State while I was at SDSU. Backed up Fouts for 4 or 5 years. He was good. I always thought he deserved more of a shot as a starter somewhere. 

Yep.  I had a few opportunities to interact with him back in the day.  He never could get onto the field because Fouts was too good, and also Fouts never got hurt. 

I told people (off this board) before the season started that anything better than 2-6 for UNLV in year 1 is a victory.  Also, like I figured, we looked really bad to start the season.  I think they will look a lot better in week 8 than week 1, similar to basketball.

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Yes.

Cliff Olander anyone ?

Had to look him up but it jogged a memory. I was driving back from camping in Anza-Borrego and listened to the game where he got a start and a 12-7 win against the hated Raiders. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

47 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Had to look him up but it jogged a memory. I was driving back from camping in Anza-Borrego and listened to the game where he got a start and a 12-7 win against the hated Raiders. 

I remember that game; thought we were going to take our usual beating. Think we ran the ball like a buzillion times that game :D

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

You had to reach deep for that one! :Clapping: 

Lifetime record as a starter, 1-0. And the win was against their rival. He and Dennis Gibson will always be remembered in San Diego Charger lore.

:thumbsup:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

REBEL NOTES:
-UNLV wore white helmets in a game for the first time in its 53-year football history. The program started the season as one of just 11 in the FBS to have not done so.
-The Rebels fell to 24-29 all-time in season openers and 6-20 when the happen away from Las Vegas
-Senior quarterback Max Gilliam saw the field for the first time since 2018 by making his eighth career start. He finished 13 of 21 for 105 yards and was sacked four times
-Sophomore QB Kenyon Oblad and sophomore TCU transfer signal-caller Justin Rogers also played in the first half before Gilliam returned. Both completed half of their four pass attempts
-Safety Tre Caine, who sat out after transferring to UNLV from Colgate last year, made his first career start on defense and tied for the team lead with nine total tackles
-Another transfer from TCU, Las Vegas native Adam Plant Jr., made his presence felt on his first series as a Rebel, recording his first collegiate sack
-All-time UNLV head coaches fell to 5-7 in their debut games
-UNLV got its first turnover of the season by recovering a muffed punt by SDSU in the first quarter