Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

New Mexico vs Colorado State game cancelled:

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

More than half of all Americans are "vulnerable", which means a lot of people still have to work and go things that put them in to society where they could potentially have contact. 

Do I think football is ok to play? Yes. The sports leagues have shown us that there's minimal risk among them. Do I think fans in the stands are good or safe? No.  Large indoor gatherings are not safe either.

The Georgia Tech calculator shows how safe your county is given how large the gathering is. https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

My next door neighbor has it and is currently intubated. I see a lot at work though, so my experience isn't like your general person.

That link is interesting.  Based on it we really shouldn’t be having sporting events with fans anywhere in the country. 

Also I hope your neighbor pulls through. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

More than half of all Americans are "vulnerable", which means a lot of people still have to work and go things that put them in to society where they could potentially have contact. 

Do I think football is ok to play? Yes. The sports leagues have shown us that there's minimal risk among them. Do I think fans in the stands are good or safe? No.  Large indoor gatherings are not safe either.

The Georgia Tech calculator shows how safe your county is given how large the gathering is. https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

My next door neighbor has it and is currently intubated. I see a lot at work though, so my experience isn't like your general person.

Jack, thanks for doing the work you are doing! Stay safe

37 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yes. Still have the 14 day quarantine for anyone coming into the state. Governor has tighten gatherings from 10, down to 5. Anyone outside must wear a mask, and fines are being imposed on individuals and establishments that do not enforce face coverings. Covid numbers have been spiking here. The more the governor puts restrictions on people here, the harder they want to fight back against her.

How the hell this is a blue state is beyond me. So many anti government people here, it's really an oddity. Remember, this is a state where the head of the Sheriffs Union/Coalition, said that the only good democrat, is a dead democrat. NM is f**ked right now for football and basketball.

I was about to ask what political party your Governor belongs to when I saw the previous post here which read as follows:  "Our Governor is a dictator. 14 day quarantine. It's like we're a foreign country (most people think that anyway)."  And I knew immediately that the answer to my question was DEMOCRAT. 

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That link is interesting.  Based on it we really shouldn’t be having sporting events with fans anywhere in the country. 

Also I hope your neighbor pulls through. 

Based on that, fans shouldn't be in any buildings. I agree with that take for sure. Utah is having exceptional rise in numbers for various reasons. Mostly because people here are a bunch of fake ass patriot types who think your rights are taken away if you are asked to wear a mask, but in the same breath they complain about the economy. Pro tip, if you want your precious economy, wear a mask. Pretty simple stuff.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Based on that, fans shouldn't be in any buildings. I agree with that take for sure. Utah is having exceptional rise in numbers for various reasons. Mostly because people here are a bunch of fake ass patriot types who think your rights are taken away if you are asked to wear a mask, but in the same breath they complain about the economy. Pro tip, if you want your precious economy, wear a mask. Pretty simple stuff.

I’ve never understood the fight against masks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’ve never understood the fight against masks. 

I don't either. It's adorable when they try to say they don't work (they do), or that their freedoms are being violated (they aren't). Part of "bringing back the economy" and "opening it up" are directly correlated with mask use.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Plenty of healthy, low risk people have died of all ages.. It’s just too bad America’s cavalier, free spirit, rebel laced attitude is causing more problems then good when getting this under control.. So many simple, coordinated steps could make a huge difference.. Look at countries doing well with Covid in Europe and Asia.. Some countries with major authoritarian governments as well as democracies..

America’s Freedom: Live by the sword, die by the sword. 

Guest #1Stunner

NEW MEXICO has the following game scheduled for next week:

Saturday
Oct. 31
San Jose State Football Schedule San Jose State SpartansDreamstyle Stadium, Albuquerque, NM

7:00pm ETFS1

COLORADO STATE has the following game scheduled for next week:

Thursday
Oct. 29
Fresno State Football Schedule at Fresno State BulldogsBulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA

10:00pm ETCBSSN

Maybe both schools should determine now whether they need to take another week off, so that the above schools can find a replacement game if possible?

As stated

UMASS has an opening next week.  https://fbschedules.com/umass-football-schedule/

MIDDLE TENNESSEE also has an opening next week:  https://fbschedules.com/middle-tennessee-football-schedule/

LIBERTY has an opening next week:  https://fbschedules.com/liberty-football-schedule/

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Saturday
Oct. 31
San Jose State Football Schedule San Jose State SpartansDreamstyle Stadium, Albuquerque, NM

The metric that forced New Mexico to cancel is a 14-day rolling average, and from what I understand, it doesn't look mathematically plausible that it will correct low enough to allow the Halloween game to take place in Albuquerque.

Guest #1Stunner
47 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The metric that forced New Mexico to cancel is a 14-day rolling average, and from what I understand, it doesn't look mathematically plausible that it will correct low enough to allow the Halloween game to take place in Albuquerque.

I agree.   

Other schools like Rice had to cancel 3 weeks out.   It is not unheard of. 

MWC and New Mexico need to have an honest conversation about New Mexico maybe cancelling the first 2-3 weeks of their schedule, and then Hair needs to work to find replacement games for New Mexico's first few opponents.

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don't agree. I do think we need to take this seriously. If people would bucket down for just a few weeks, we'd be in a better place than we are now. But people need their latte's and their food brought to them, and their haircuts... who cares if people are dying. She has a difficult job, and the death threats to her and her family are coming from... trump supporters. If she would drop the 14 day quarantine, this place would an even bigger hellhole. we're 1000 dead now, and gonna get worse. 

I don't like politics but setting aside the vast constitutional law issues, how does a 14 day quarantine of out of state travelers even rationally relate to public health?  The coronavirus is everywhere (including within the State of New Mexico).  Effectively, the Governor is pushing an almost self imposed death penalty on New Mexico's athletics programs.  I'll be curious how the MWC works out media payouts among members that don't even participate.  I'm certainly glad that Wyoming does not have a governor with that line of thinking.

56 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Saturday
Oct. 31

COLORADO STATE has the following game scheduled for next week:

Thursday
Oct. 29
Fresno State Football Schedule at Fresno State BulldogsBulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA

10:00pm ETCBSSN

Maybe both schools should determine now whether they need to take another week off, so that the above schools can find a replacement game if possible?

As stated

UMASS has an opening next week.  https://fbschedules.com/umass-football-schedule/

MIDDLE TENNESSEE also has an opening next week:  https://fbschedules.com/middle-tennessee-football-schedule/

LIBERTY has an opening next week:  https://fbschedules.com/liberty-football-schedule/

I agree as far as NM is concerned.  They already know they can't play.  CSU was ready to go this week with a watered down depth chart, and barring something more drastic will be on the plane to Fresno next week.

Addazio has been trying to put together a large scrimmage for a couple of weeks.  Air quality permitting, I bet he'll use this as an opportunity to get that done.

Play the Halloween game in San Jose. The gov. just said we can have 20% fans in the stands.

Gov. Newsom: Fans will be allowed back into some California sports stadiums
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/20/gov-newsom-fans-will-be-allowed-back-into-some-california-sports-stadiums/

BNG-L-49ERS-1019-105.jpg?w=1024&h=660
Counties in the state’s orange tier of reopening will be able to allow up to 20 percent capacity in outdoor venues.
www.mercurynews.com

5 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Addazio has been trying to put together a large scrimmage for a couple of weeks.  Air quality permitting, I bet he'll use this as an opportunity to get that done.

Scrimmage at the indoor facility seems to be an easy solution.  I can't see any reasons why that wouldn't work unless the field wasn't big enough or something crazy like that.