Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

New Mexico vs Colorado State game cancelled:

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, LoboMan59 said:

I'm not surprised.

Does New Mexico still have very strict COVID rules in place?

I'm not sure if New Mexico will be able to play many games at all this season. 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Does New Mexico still have very strict COVID rules in place?

I'm not sure if New Mexico will be able to play many games at all this season. 

Is it too late for New Mexico and NMSU to play their seasons out via local high school conferences?

Yes. Still have the 14 day quarantine for anyone coming into the state. Governor has tighten gatherings from 10, down to 5. Anyone outside must wear a mask, and fines are being imposed on individuals and establishments that do not enforce face coverings. Covid numbers have been spiking here. The more the governor puts restrictions on people here, the harder they want to fight back against her.

How the hell this is a blue state is beyond me. So many anti government people here, it's really an oddity. Remember, this is a state where the head of the Sheriffs Union/Coalition, said that the only good democrat, is a dead democrat. NM is f**ked right now for football and basketball.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Just now, Lobonado said:

Our Governor is a dictator. 14 day quarantine. It's like we're a foreign country (most people think that anyway). 

I don't agree. I do think we need to take this seriously. If people would bucket down for just a few weeks, we'd be in a better place than we are now. But people need their latte's and their food brought to them, and their haircuts... who cares if people are dying. She has a difficult job, and the death threats to her and her family are coming from... trump supporters. If she would drop the 14 day quarantine, this place would an even bigger hellhole. we're 1000 dead now, and gonna get worse. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Is it too late for New Mexico and NMSU to play their seasons out via local high school conferences?

As much as you'd like that, no. We have no high school sports here either. We have one soccer team that's played all their games out of state. there are no outdoor sports activities in NM currently.

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yes. Still have the 14 day quarantine for anyone coming into the state. Governor has tighten gatherings from 10, down to 5. Anyone outside must wear a mask, and fines are being imposed on individuals and establishments that do not enforce face coverings. Covid numbers have been spiking here. The more the governor puts restrictions on people here, the harder they want to fight back against her.

How the hell this is a blue state is beyond me. So many anti government people here, it's really an oddity. Remember, this is a state where the head of the Sheriffs Union/Coalition, said that the only good democrat, is a dead democrat. NM is f**ked right now for football and basketball.

8 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Our Governor is a dictator. 14 day quarantine. It's like we're a foreign country (most people think that anyway). 

Mandatory 14-day quarantine?  No gatherings exceeding 5 people?   

How can UNM Football operate under those restrictions?

It doesn't look likely that New Mexico will play at all this season. 

4 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don't agree. I do think we need to take this seriously. If people would bucket down for just a few weeks, we'd be in a better place than we are now. But people need their latte's and their food brought to them, and their haircuts... who cares if people are dying. She has a difficult job, and the death threats to her and her family are coming from... trump supporters. If she would drop the 14 day quarantine, this place would an even bigger hellhole. we're 1000 dead now, and gonna get worse. 

As much as we all love sports, we can't forget the big picture.  Playing sports in 2020 in any form is a huge risk..  220K people dead and rising. 

Guest #1Stunner

The MWC might want to call UMASS, who is attempting to play this season, and work out some kind of scheduling deal.

UMASS might need to serve as filler for teams with cancelled games. 

11 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Protect the elderly and the vulnerable and let everyone else live their normal lives. We've been under "lockdown" since March and I'm sure every single person has been exposed the virus by now. I know 6 people who had the virus last week and it was just a cold for them. I got it too and had a headache for 3 days. (I always wear a mask) My condolences to all those who have lost a loved one, but MLG is a power hungry Gov that is squashing NM.  Now UNM athletics is gonna take a big hit when we are the only team in the MW not playing football and probably bball because of MLG. Wake up NM!

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The MWC might want to call UMASS, who is attempting to play this season, and work out some kind of scheduling deal.

UMASS might need to serve as filler for teams with cancelled games. 

If this should happen to Boise State our first call should be to BYU-Idaho, with the exceptional Mormon athleticism they should be able to field a team in a days notice.  

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

If this should happen to Boise State our first call should be to BYU-Idaho, with the exceptional Mormon athleticism they should be able to field a team in a days notice.  

Better yet... BYU and BOISE could play a "home and away" in the same season.  Essentially play twice this year.

at Boise (home for Boise)

at Rexburg (home for BYU)

Game in Rexburg would be played at the old BYU-Idaho Football stadium

150505_Soccer_14.jpg

BYU_Idaho_Web_12.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Protect the elderly and the vulnerable and let everyone else live their normal lives. We've been under "lockdown" since March and I'm sure every single person has been exposed the virus by now. I know 6 people who had the virus last week and it was just a cold for them. I got it too and had a headache for 3 days. (I always wear a mask) My condolences to all those who have lost a loved one, but MLG is a power hungry Gov that is squashing NM.  Now UNM athletics is gonna take a big hit when we are the only team in the MW not playing football and probably bball because of MLG. Wake up NM!

I have not had it. I just got negative test results back today.  No one in my family, or closest friends have had it. I have a sick sister that would not survive it if she got it. I have several older friends that are int same way. I've 3 people to this virus, including a woman I should have married years ago, but I was too stupid then. And while protecting the elderly and the vulnerable, sounds like the right thing to do, you can't be sure that most everyone outside that group that gets it, will survive. But I guess we should just let it happen... Me and my family will continue to stay as safe as we can, and avoid people/places that don't wear masks.

9 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

More than half of all Americans are "vulnerable", which means a lot of people still have to work and go things that put them in to society where they could potentially have contact. 

Do I think football is ok to play? Yes. The sports leagues have shown us that there's minimal risk among them. Do I think fans in the stands are good or safe? No.  Large indoor gatherings are not safe either.

The Georgia Tech calculator shows how safe your county is given how large the gathering is. https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

Just now, LoboMan59 said:

I have not had it. I just got negative test results back today.  No one in my family, or closest friends have had it. I have a sick sister that would not survive it if she got it. I have several older friends that are int same way. I've 3 people to this virus, including a woman I should have married years ago, but I was too stupid then. And while protecting the elderly and the vulnerable, sounds like the right thing to do, you can't be sure that most everyone outside that group that gets it, will survive. But I guess we should just let it happen... Me and my family will continue to stay as safe as we can, and avoid people/places that don't wear masks.

My next door neighbor has it and is currently intubated. I see a lot at work though, so my experience isn't like your general person.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg