Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Boise State released 1st Depth Chart of the season

Surprises to me on this are the following:

1. Donte Harrington listed as # 2 Center when I thought he'd start at one of the two OG spots

2. Demitri Washington starting at DE rather than STUD

3. Sam Whitney being the starter at STUD

4.  True Freshman Rodney Robinson as the # 2 Nickel Back

5. No mention of RS Freshman Gavin Wale at Punter or Placekicker

6. Someone named Jonah Dalmas (a true FR) being listed first as the Placekicker.  VERY surprising considering he isn't listed on the Boise State roster at all.

2 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

2020 Depth Chart.jpg

Nothing groundbreaking, but a couple of surprises. 

#1 I love the move of Washington to the DE position. I just got done posting that was, for me, the most concerning position on the team. Whitney has starting experience at the STUD (started over Weaver when healthy). I LOVE this move. I'm feeling even better about the DL.

#2 Maclaine Griffin making the 2-deep. I had to look him up to see who he was. Boise is deep and talented at WR. To have a walk-on break the two deep makes you wonder if he is another in the long line of walk-on to star type player.

#3 Rodney Robinson. He was a decent prospect. Was supposed to be a CB. I'm guessing he's been impressive being one of very few FR in the 2-deep.

#4 Surprising that the grad transfer kicker couldn't even crack the top two at kicker. Not thrilled with the K/P situation.

#5 Kline only a co-backup at the STUD. He is a FR and that's good, but he's one of the highest rated recruits Boise has ever signed and he'd be co-3rd if Washington stayed at STUD. I don't hear a ton of buzz about him coming from the coaches either.

One thing to always keep in mind with ANY Boise State depth chart.   It's likely to be somewhere between 90 to 80 percent correct and up to 10 to 20 percent incorrect.  And whatever they have wrong they will continue to release that same information throughout the season.  In other words take ANY Boise State depth chart with more than just a few grains of salt.

“I’ll be honest, the depth chart, I think I looked at it for a minute,” Harsin said. “I don’t think that really applies to anything that we’re doing. ... I don’t think it’s going to necessarily look like that when we go out to play, but it’s a place to put guys.” :hmmm:

8 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

“I’ll be honest, the depth chart, I think I looked at it for a minute,” Harsin said. “I don’t think that really applies to anything that we’re doing. ... I don’t think it’s going to necessarily look like that when we go out to play, but it’s a place to put guys.” :hmmm:

How inspirational for the players who worked so hard to earn a place on the depth chart.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:54 PM, kingpotato said:

#2 Maclaine Griffin making the 2-deep. I had to look him up to see who he was. Boise is deep and talented at WR. To have a walk-on break the two deep makes you wonder if he is another in the long line of walk-on to star type player.

#3 Rodney Robinson. He was a decent prospect. Was supposed to be a CB. I'm guessing he's been impressive being one of very few FR in the 2-deep.

He was the #2 WR on his high school team (Chaminade) and also sat backseat to their running back (Andrew Van Buren).  Their #1 WR has started 14 games for Stanford in the last two seasons (800 yards, 6 TDs) and is a Bilitnekoff Award Watchlist guy as a true junior.