Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Breaking News!

Joe Biden loves his son and hasn’t given up on him.  I’m not sure how the GOP thought this was a bad thing?  JFC.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

At some point being a good parent is letting them go with an open invitation to come return.

I would argue, coming from experience, providing him with high paying jobs while knowing he was a meth head, would have hurt him far more then helped him and got him to the point he was passed out with a meth pipe in his mouth and photographed by "others".

I feel for Joe, being the money dad did Hunter ZERO favors and likely contributed drastically to his problem.  I am sure if Joe could do it all differently, he would.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At some point being a good parent is letting them go with an open invitation to come return.

I would argue, coming from experience, providing him with high paying jobs while knowing he was a meth head, would have hurt him far more then helped him and got him to the point he was passed out with a meth pipe in his mouth and photographed by "others".

I feel for Joe,  

Sure but I still don’t see how this shows Biden in a negative light?   As a father I get it.  We’ve reached peak stupid. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Sure but I still don’t see how this shows Biden in a negative light?   As a father I get it.  We’ve reached peak stupid. 

Depends.  He likely knew his son was a meth head for a long time and thought the best thing to do with a meth head is give them tons of money.  Yeah, no.

Depends.  He likely knew his son was a meth head for a long time and thought the best thing to do with a meth head is give them tons of money.  Yeah, no.

I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree here. 

For the record, I think my opinion of Joe as a human is increasing, my opinion of his Judgement is becoming more questionable.

That's fine.  He is a loving parent, and that means a whole lot.  It will be his most important legacy.  

If I had a kid I thought was in danger of losing his life to drugs and I was in a position to move him out of the country, pull some strings, and might even be pressured to do some stuff to solidify his position.  Yeah, I would do it.

For the record, I think my opinion of Joe as a human is increasing, my opinion of his Judgement is becoming more questionable.

That's fine.  He is a loving parent, and that means a whole lot.  It will be his most important legacy.  

If I had a kid I thought was in danger of losing his life to drugs and I was in a position to move him out of the country, pull some strings, and might even be pressured to do some stuff to solidify his position.  Yeah, I would do it.

I hear you, but at this point, Hunter was an adult. You can't make your adult children do something that they're not interested in doing or even receptive to. 

We also don't know what Joe did and didn't do behind closed doors. 

In the end though, all these "damning" texts do is to show a father that cared deeply about his children. Hunter and Beau seem to have developed as near polar opposites from each other, so that in and of itself must have been rough for Joe, and honestly... it was and still probably is rough for Hunter to compare himself to his brother. 

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree here. 

I'm not sure we are even disagreeing to be honest.  Son has drug problem.  Dad in position to get him good jobs in hopes he overcomes drug problem.  Good on the face.  Not removing Son from people places and things while giving him a nothing job for huge money, bad idea.  Drug problem will get worse.  Realizing this, dad sends son halfway across the world.  To save sons life.  Dad used influence in a bad way.  Dad may have saved sons life.

I can't hate him for it.  It is still shady as +++++.  Papa bear did a papa bear.

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

As a dad I feel bad for Joe dealing with his son's drug issues.  I don't wish that on any parent. But that doesn't have any bearing on what they did selling influence.

I would help my son too. What I wouldn't do is sell influence to foreign governments and corporations. 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

As a dad I feel bad for Joe dealing with his son's drug issues.  I don't wish that on any parent. But that doesn't have any bearing on what they did selling influence.

I would help my son too. What I wouldn't do is sell influence to foreign governments and corporations. 

Yeah, I would like to say I would do the same.  However Hunter would have likely had a network of getting drugs strong enough that nowhere in the US was a "safe" place to him.  So you send him across the globe in the hopes everything you hope for your kid might prove true.  I get Joe.  Let's just not pretend for a second Biden did not use his position to get his meth head son away from drugs.  And in doing so it looks likely he compromised the integrity of his position.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, I would like to say I would do the same.  However Hunter would have likely had a network of getting drugs strong enough that nowhere in the US was a "safe" place to him.  So you send him across the globe in the hopes everything you hope for your kid might prove true.  I get Joe.  Let's just not pretend for a second Biden did not use his position to get his meth head son away from drugs.  And in doing so it looks likely he compromised the integrity of his position.

You are really up on this for "not a Trump supporter"

Posted Image

31 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Joe Biden loves his son and hasn’t given up on him.  I’m not sure how the GOP thought this was a bad thing?  JFC.

These guys are scum.  Biden hasn't attacked that no talent asshat kushner whose daddy is a felon and who got his job because of nepotism. 

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

From everything I've read so far I think there is far more to it. Yes, Joe loves his son and wants to help him. But there is also a 30 year history in Hunters own texts and emails that he was the front man for influence peddling. This wasn't about helping Hunter's drug problem. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

HMHB certainly isn't a Trump supporter.

Not sure why my belief that impropriety likely occurred with Joe and His son would make me a Trumper.  But whatever.  

The more I learn, the more it seems Dad did everything he could to save his son and his son is still alive, so go dad.  Dad likely moved son out of the Country and likely knew his son was using his name to make deals while getting it "together".  

Worst, worst case scenario is that dad used his position to remove his son from the Country after realizing him using his position while keeping him in the country just fed the habit.  Hard lesson for dad.  

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

Kushner's dad didn't sell US foreign policy. 

You just keep repeating it and it will be an even greater success than Obamagate.  Repeat, repeat, repeat..... that will make it true. 

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Kushner's dad didn't sell US foreign policy. 

You’re right. Kushner’s Dad was just a plain crook. He left the sales job to junior. Everything on the up and up with Kushner and the Saudis right? Mohammed Bone Saw’s claim that he had Jared “in his pocket” just made up?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say