Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

ESPN to cut 300-700 jobs

Or... hear me out.... it could be that more and more people are cancelling their cable subscriptions which is a main source of revenue for ESPN. 

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot about the pandemic cutting off of live sports content, too. whatever.

Oh, hey, look! Who would have guessed Western Journal has a political agenda? 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

Meanwhile, the Sinclair owned Fox RSNs are in actual financial trouble (unlike ESPN).  Trying to restructure 8 billion in debt.  And now they're getting dropped by streaming services.

#bankruptcylawyersmatter

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:53 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

If it were only due to politics - hockey wouldn’t be down more than basketball. Sports just aren’t as interesting right now outside of the norms we are used to.

ESPN would be better if they went back to their 90’s ways - highlights and focusing on the sports with less talking head bs.

I think sports are mainly down due to the fact that people are dealing with a lot more shit these days, considering the recession and pandemic. 

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Damn, no Mountain West games even got a recap from ESPN.com. 

They didnt recap the OU game either.  They generally stick to ranked teams.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

don't try and sell me on crazy political theory's...ESPN is hurting because of 2 main reasons

1) cord cutting is catching up with them

2) COVID caused the NBA playoffs, NCAA Tourney, Conference hoops tourneys, etc to simply stop leaving them nothing to air for like 60-70 days.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 10/22/2020 at 4:53 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I know, blacks are starting to wake up and realize they’ve been taken for granted and are expected to fall in like with Dem Party bullshit.

yeah, it's about a political party...it's not about black people being shot by police, suffocated by police, arrested at higher rates by police, pushed around at peaceful protests by police...then Trump says he loves the police and he's mister 'Law and Order'

ah, Trump's America!

charlottesville-explainer-gty-jrl-180808

he's truly the best for black people...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, RSF said:

They didnt recap the OU game either.  They generally stick to ranked teams.

Oof, that’s rough. When even the Big 12 can’t have staffers developing their chops writing a dull recap, things are not going well.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/17/2020 at 12:43 AM, soupslam1 said:

Keith Olberman is a raving maniac. Were the NBA playoffs on ESPN? Their ratings alone really sucked. 

That guy has lost his f'ing mind. I don't know if I've ever seen a.......whatever he is....journalist I guess is what he's going for...lose it like he has. 

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Also.....you live in Memphis. You know as well as I do that the reason why black men get arrested at a higher rate is

because we group minorities into the same parts of town with crap jobs, so they can only afford crap houses, so they pay very little in tax for those crap homes which leads to crap schools that make sure the cycle starts over again with their kids.

this leads to doing things like selling drugs to make extra money, which leads to getting arrested and violence.

so you're correct...being in Memphis makes me notice that very obvious cycle of poverty.

thing is if you can run REAL fast, catch/throw a football, dunk a basketball, etc you MIGHT get a chance to go to college for free. Go Tigers!!![/rollseyes]

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Hey @UofMTigers I want you to go out west

I'll make it about as far as Horseshoe Lake. My next big purchase will be a 30 foot RV/truck to haul it....if I get tired of a place I'll just hook her up to the truck and move on down the line. Get Dish tv/web and all I need is a power/water hook up.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

No. Cops have shot, choked and beaten all races. It's just black brutality is better for TV. Cops shooting a white man or a Japanese man isn't gonna get the clocks or the views. Hell if I cop kills a Mexican it isn't getting any views. Shoot a black guy and have some controversy? That shit will get talked about.

And you really think cops only pull this shit because Trump is the President? Don't be stupid. This shit happens regardless of who is in charge. I guess there is no rioting, looting, and murder in Portland either huh?

Also.....you live in Memphis. You know as well as I do that the reason why black men get arrested at a higher rate is because they get in more trouble. Numbers don't lie. They go to the same schools we do and have the same opportunity. You need to ask them why they went the wrong way in life. The left wants to give them and illegals a free ride. Yeah, no.  I'm an immigrant. I didn't get a free ride.

Why does the left make shit up and then believe it?  To this day I have friends who think the Covington kids started it, that Trump built cages, and that Antifa isn't a hate group. You guys simple just play dumb on purpose. That's the only explanation.

Unfortunately, there are folks who genuinely believe that stuff the left makes up as you put it.  And not just a small sample size either.  But that's for another day

13 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

yeah, it's about a political party...it's not about black people being shot by police, suffocated by police, arrested at higher rates by police, pushed around at peaceful protests by police...then Trump says he loves the police and he's mister 'Law and Order'

ah, Trump's America!

charlottesville-explainer-gty-jrl-180808

he's truly the best for black people...

crying-baby-istock660.jpg

kat.jpg