Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebelbacker

Real Clear Investigations - Biden Supporters Wrote Hunter's Entire Resume

Hunter Biden profited from his father’s political connections long before he struck questionable deals in countries where Joe Biden was undertaking diplomatic missions as vice president. In fact, virtually all the jobs listed on his resume going back to his first position out of college, which paid a six-figure salary, came courtesy of the former six-term senator’s donors, lobbyists and allies, a RealClearInvestigations examination has found.

One document reviewed by RCI reveals that a Biden associate admitted “finding employment” for Hunter Biden specifically as a special favor to his father, then a Senate leader running for president. He secured a $1.2 million gig on Wall Street for his young son, even though it was understood he had no experience in high finance. Many of his generous patrons, in turn, ended up with legislation and policies favorable to their businesses or investments, an RCI review of lobbying records and legislative actions taken by the elder Biden confirms.

That the 50-year-old Hunter has been trading on his Democratic father’s political influence his entire adult life raises legal questions about possible influence-peddling, government watchdogs and former federal investigators say. In addition, the more than two-decades-long pattern of nepotism casts fresh doubt on Joe Biden’s recent statements that he “never discussed" business with his son, and that his activities posed "no conflicts of interest." 

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/10/16/joe_bidens_boosters_wrote_his_prodigal_sons_entire_resume_125616.html

Here is his first job out of college. You can read the rest of his history and his dad greasing the wheels for him in the article.

1996-1998: MBNA Corp.  

Fresh out of college, credit-card giant MBNA put him on its payroll as "senior vice president" earning more than $100,000 a year, plus an undisclosed signing bonus. Delaware-based MBNA at the time was Biden’s largest donor and lobbying the Delaware senator for bankruptcy reforms that would make it harder for consumers to declare bankruptcy and write off credit-card debt.

Besides a job for Hunter, bank executives and employees gave generously to Joe Biden’s campaigns – $214,000 total, federal records show – and one top executive even bought Biden’s Wilmington, Del., home for more than $200,000 above the market value, real estate records show. The exec paid top dollar – $1.2 million – for the old house even though it lacked central air conditioning. MBNA also flew Biden and his wife to events and covered their travel costs, disclosure forms show.

Sen. Biden eventually came through for MBNA by sponsoring and whipping votes in the Senate to pass the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention Act.

Nepotism sucks.  But the question I have to ask--how do people have a problem with Hunter's Nepotism and not the Trump family's?  All of the Trump children started with an executive position as their first gig.

I'm assuming Hunter won't be in the cabinet, and I would also have problems if he does.

18 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Nepotism sucks.  But the question I have to ask--how do people have a problem with Hunter's Nepotism and not the Trump family's?  All of the Trump children started with an executive position as their first gig.

I'm assuming Hunter won't be in the cabinet, and I would also have problems if he does.

If you don't see the difference in working in a family owned business vs campaign contributors giving your kid a job and then you voting for their interest in the US Senate then you have issues. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

If you don't see the difference in working in a family owned business vs campaign contributors giving your kid a job and then you voting for their interest in the US Senate then you have issues. 

I didn't realize the US Government was family owned.

20 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Do you not see a President who didn't even bother to divest his funds and is specifically doing things to enrich himself and his family for the past 4 years?!?!!??!

23 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

I didn't realize the US Government was family owned.

This is what he asked.

45 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

All of the Trump children started with an executive position as their first gig.

Trump's kids started in the family owned business.

3 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Do you not see a President who didn't even bother to divest his funds and is specifically doing things to enrich himself and his family for the past 4 years?!?!!??!

You do know the emoluments case lawsuit was dismissed right?

7 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You do know the emoluments case lawsuit was dismissed right?

What Trump is doing is not illegal, he and other politicians are do the exact same thing--making and supporting laws that will enrich themselves and their families.  Using their government position to their own advantage.  At least to me, it's the same on the same scale of morality.   

3 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

What Trump is doing is not illegal, he and other politicians are do the exact same thing--making and supporting laws that will enrich themselves and their families.  Using their government position to their own advantage.  At least to me, it's the same on the same scale of morality.   

Corruption in government exists from the county commission to Congress. There's always going to be politicians that take an envelope to change a zoning law or insider trade on legislation. 

That's bad enough. But when a politician is bought off to change US policy it is a different level. 

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

The US presidency is a family run business ?

I guess so when your goal is to become Der Fuerher and you want to model your administration after a Mafia crime family.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is what he asked.

Trump's kids started in the family owned business.

As executives.

Americans Mayor

23 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

As executives.

They didn't but whatever.

It's hilarious you think a father employing his kids is the same as a politicians son getting jobs from his supporters then him repaying them by doing them favors as a US senator. 

Lol.

4 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Even you can’t believe that terrible of a justification. 

30 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It's hilarious you think a father employing his kids is the same as a politicians son getting jobs from his supporters then him repaying them by doing them favors as a US senator. 

Lol.

This is pure delusion at its finest. 

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Even you can’t believe that terrible of a justification. 

This is pure delusion at its finest. 

Are you ok with kids of politicians getting payoffs from individuals, companies or foreign governments so votes go the way they want? 

Trumps daughter works in the White House

His son in law works in the White House 

Rudy’s son works in the White House 

Barr’s son in law works in the White House 

I could go on and on here..

Please do. Post evidence that any of them took money from a foreign government to change US policy. 

On 10/16/2020 at 10:39 PM, Rebelbacker said:

It's hilarious you think a father employing his kids in the government within his admin is the same as a politicians son getting jobs from his supporters then him repaying them by doing them favors as a US senator. 

Lol.

The former is Nepotism. I'm not sure what the latter is called, but it stinks as well.

Americans Mayor